Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, Kneal Down Caster said:

Chris Grayling coming out saying he is happy to just go for a no deal. That’s enough to scare the shit out of the whole country !!!

That's a relief to me, he's fucked up everything he's tried to do. He even ran May's 2017 campaign. :lol: Revocation here we come!

https://twitter.com/joncraig/status/1113113981517008898

P.S. Parliament has just adjourned so think they failed. There were only ERG types left asking questions if that means anything.

P.P.S. I was probably wrong.

https://twitter.com/joncraig/status/1113118225670328322

Edited by welshbairn

24 minutes ago, Kneal Down Caster said:

Chris Grayling coming out saying he is happy to just go for a no deal. That’s enough to scare the shit out of the whole country !!!

He's maybe found a shipping company that actually has some ships by now.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just out of interest, is there anything else going on in the Commons these days  apart from Brexit?

I mean, they are supposed to be running a country. Are any other matters being debated?   Maybe Health,  Housing , Transport,  Universal Credit,  whatever?

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

Even after a 7 hour meeting she will probably just come out and waffle on about its 'her deal, no deal, or no Brexit (code for long extension', and er thats about it...for the 1000th time.

Edited by Jedi

3 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Just out of interest, is there anything else going on in the Commons these days  apart from Brexit?

I mean, they are supposed to be running a country. Are any other matters being debated?   Maybe Health, Housing ,Transport, Universal Credit,  whatever?

There is a debate on business rates going on at the moment.

They had a debate about ethnic minority people on bank notes yesterday.

Edited by Detournement

1 minute ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

I mean, they are supposed to be running a country. Are any other matters being debated?   Maybe Health, Housing ,Transport, Universal Credit,  whatever?

There's a few post clerks in a basement in the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport covering all that shite.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Bercow letting the indicative votes come back for a third time is ridiculous.

I keep on seeing people say the customs union lost by 2 votes but the government have another 40 votes in reserve.

The Cabinet were ordered to abstain which probably canceled each other out.

Agree that dragging twice defeated indicative votes back for a third round on Monday is ridiculous tbh. That ship has sailed.  

Thing is, even if say CM 2.0 had gained support we haven't heard a peep from the govts of Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein recently that they are even on board with this.With regard to CU, the EU have previously made it clear that they wont allow cherry picking and a half in/half out arrangement. So, even if one had passed it wasn't a guarantee.

Long extension looks like the only current route. Presumably the EU will ask for either a GE or 2nd Ref. Can't see the Cabinet agreeing to a 2nd Ref, so GE it is.

Irony being that said GE could produce a similar result, with a minority govt being propped up from where ever,and so the whole farce starts turning again where they can't be any agreement on anything, Only thing that could unblock the whole thing is if they do somehow push her deal through...of course its a bad deal, which I certainly don't support, (as is any deal to leave the worlds largest customs union), but just can't see anything else passing the Commons. 

Yes, but they don't have the other parts of 'Mays deal' in place. It is a very bespoke arrangement for that specific country/situation.