Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

It'll be fun to see the Scottish Tories bleating about a once in a generation vote up here but it's ok at Westminster to have as many as you want until you get your desired result. Feels very strange that for once I'm relying on the dup bigots to save the day

2 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

No.. I wanted the deal to go through.  Sturgeon prefers the hard Brexit option, either to cause enough economic chaos to boost an Ayeref2's popularity or force it from May as a concession. 

And how old are you children thumbing me down?  Infantile. 

The biggest problem with her deal was that she actually admitted herself that it was horrific, however this nonsense of "only deal on the table" just angered people as everyone knew that this was utter garbage as it was HER / Olly Robbins who negotiated (using the term loosely) that horrific deal.

The reality is that she engineered the chaos herself and having to choose between the devil or the deep blue sea just isn't and never was a choice, hence we are where we are..............

5 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

No.. I wanted the deal to go through.  Sturgeon prefers the hard Brexit option, either to cause enough economic chaos to boost an Ayeref2's popularity or force it from May as a concession. 

And how old are you children thumbing me down?  Infantile. 

"Snifter Pee Rot" is calling people infantile?

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

I suppose there may be evidence somewhere on youtube to the contrary, but I don't think Swinson's accent has changed much since she entered political life.

No idea if she spoke more 'normal' before she was well known right enough.

She went to LSE as soon as she left school, and has lived in England for most of her time since then afaik. Her parents live just down the road from me, and she has/had an address in Milngavie, but I'm pretty sure she mainly lives down south. Saw her out running the other week mind you, so I'm not sure if she is up here full-time now or what.

I've met her a few times irl and her accent has always been the same. It's weird, but it's probably just been picked up from living/working in very middle class English surroundings. One of my best mates at Primary school moved to Australia, and when I met him again two years later he sounded fully Aussie. Must be a thing about the Milngavie accent being very easy to overpower.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Loving the publicity given to the 'Leave' demonstration.

Little more than a pathetic handful of Loyalist scum and gammon bigots. 

A No 10 source tells the Press Association the prime minister will continue to seek support in the Commons for her deal.

"Clearly it was not the result we wanted. But, that said, we have had a number of senior Conservative colleagues who have felt able to vote with the Government today. They have done so in higher numbers than previously," the source says.

"Clearly there is more work to do. We are at least going in the right direction."

And I thought "We played okay for the first ten minutes" was the most ridiculous quote of the month. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

They are saying at  the debriefing that she may bring it back as a celebrity death match between thrice rejected May deal v  a CU deal

Aye. It'll be a kind of 'I'm a celebrity' deal, where one f*cking crackpot is left standing. 

Thought it would be closer than 58, but there we are. So, having had 8 motions already rejected, possibly 2 or 3 of them come back on Monday to be voted down again now. 

Off the table now....Her deal

No deal

Norway (the only 'moderate' Leave option)

Revoking A50

In play...Ken Clarke's customs union (whatever that quite means), but set to be bulleted again on Monday. a 2nd Ref (most Tories still won't back this), and some fudged Lab version of a customs union (also set to be bulleted on Monday)

Only possible route at the moment looks to be take the longer extension if the EU offer it, take part in EU elections (a waste of time), and surely hold a GE.

With regards to a GE, no way can Corbyn become PM as he will never secure enough support in England and in Scotland the SNP will probably just about sweep the board. So, outcome of that, another minority Tory govt with a different leader (possibly Johnson). 

It looks now that the Commons will never reach a consensus. Yet again even if they agreed some form of Customs Union, the EU could quite easily reject that as it is cherry picking.

Even if a 2nd Ref was held and Remain won...basically when will round 3 take place? Only a matter of time (and another Tory govt) until that happens. 

Meanwhile, Indy Ref 2 is still off the table as there is no clarity on this whole sham.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Thought it would be closer than 58, but there we are. So, having had 8 motions already rejected, possibly 2 or 3 of them come back on Monday to be voted down again now. 

Off the table now....Her deal

No deal

Norway (the only 'moderate' Leave option)

Revoking A50

In play...Ken Clarke's customs union (whatever that quite means), but set to be bulleted again on Monday. a 2nd Ref (most Tories still won't back this), and some fudged Lab version of a customs union (also set to be bulleted on Monday)

Only possible route at the moment looks to be take the longer extension if the EU offer it, take part in EU elections (a waste of time), and surely hold a GE.

With regards to a GE, no way can Corbyn become PM as he will never secure enough support in England and in Scotland the SNP will probably just about sweep the board. So, outcome of that, another minority Tory govt with a different leader (possibly Johnson). 

It looks now that the Commons will never reach a consensus. Yet again even if they agreed some form of Customs Union, the EU could quite easily reject that as it is cherry picking.

Even if a 2nd Ref was held and Remain won...basically when will round 3 take place? Only a matter of time (and another Tory govt) until that happens. 

Meanwhile, Indy Ref 2 is still off the table as there is no clarity on this whole sham.

Aye and at the last election he was going to get slaughtered, didn’t happen.