Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

I call bullshit. Aren't most of the Northern heartlands absolutely safe Labour seats? They won't be turning Tory overnight.

Who's to say what options voters will be faced with after this shambles is decided.

How many equally safe Labour seats have disappeared up here in recent years.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Who's to say what options voters will be faced with after this shambles is decided.

How many equally safe Labour seats have disappeared up here in recent years.

Scotland is a different box of frogs mate, there's a credible centre-left alternative. Slightly hot take but as an England based voter I'd absolutely love for someone to set up an English independence centre-left party that would sit with the SNP and Plaid in the commons and be a good alternative to Labour, but there's just no appetite for it here. The closest you've got to a protest vote is UKIP and they've been finished as a relevant political force since Farage left and more than half of their MEPs defected.

Scotland is a different box of frogs mate, there's a credible centre-left alternative. Slightly hot take but as an England based voter I'd absolutely love for someone to set up an English independence centre-left party that would sit with the SNP and Plaid in the commons and be a good alternative to Labour, but there's just no appetite for it here. The closest you've got to a protest vote is UKIP and they've been finished as a relevant political force since Farage left and more than half of their MEPs defected.

Maybe you’ll have an opportunity to vote for the Independent Group at the next election. A group of like minded individuals seeking common sense solutions to the stagnation among the traditional parties. I’m interested to see where they go next.

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

The worry is the big switch to Tories in the Eighties in places like Essex. If Boris is the next leader it could be frightening. Not sure if this is relevant:

The most dramatic split is along the lines of education. 70% of voters whose educational attainment is only GCSE or lower voted to Leave, while 68% of voters with a university degree voted to Remain in the EU. 

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2016/06/27/how-britain-voted

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Well, well, who'd have thunk it ?

An integral part of the engine that is driving this clusterfuck towards oblivion is the perception of some Labour MP's that a huge number of Labour supporters voted for Brexit, and if they act against that then they'll be punished.

Whereas in reality, 65% of Labour supporters voted Remain.

18 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:

If we had a referendum in 1975 and then a second referendum in 2016 and then a third referendum and remain wins do we then have a fourth one after 3 years in case we change our minds again?

FTFY.  That is how Fintan O Toole sees it.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

An integral part of the engine that is driving this clusterfuck towards oblivion is the perception of some Labour MP's that a huge number of Labour supporters voted for Brexit, and if they act against that then they'll be punished.

Whereas in reality, 65% of Labour supporters voted Remain.

And according to the opinion polls that percentage has increased since 2016 to the point where many previous Leave voting constituencies would now vote Remain.

And according to the opinion polls that percentage has increased since 2016 to the point where many previous Leave voting constituencies would now vote Remain.

Opinion polls after often wrong. Anyone using an opinion poll to counter an actual poll is clutching at straws. Petition are just as bad.
IMG_20190324_191824.jpg

On 3/24/2019 at 10:03, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I genuinely think that all of this could have been avoided if the government had just given us different coloured passports.

The majority of people in the country have little interest in politics, and the vast vast majority (I  include myself here) have never really understood what the EU does/doesn't do.

I reckon it could have all been avoided if Cameron had just told the gammons we were already out.

From the Grauniads live coverage:

"Yesterday there were reports that cabinet minters were being invited to spend the hour before cabinet in a reading room looking at papers"

Wonder how many of em flicked straight through to the Sports pages?

12 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Maybe you’ll have an opportunity to vote for the Independent Group at the next election. A group of like minded individuals seeking common sense solutions to the stagnation among the traditional parties. I’m interested to see where they go next.

Oblivion, I reckon.