Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

10 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

It's why a second referendum isn't a great idea. It might even result in No Deal. Revoking Article 50 is the only way to go. A good start might extending article 50 for a while.

The original and most costly mistake was made by Cameron when he decided to ask" the country" what they wanted, the fact that nobody was given any information on the pros and cons and what may or may not happen was the next mistake and then the PM and parliament decided to waste over 2 years with childish and arrogant in- fighting for their personal political gain.

Unfortunately the Genie is well and truly out of the bottle and whatever decision (if any) that we all finally end up with will undoubtedly have long lasting negative effects on our economy and reputation throughout the world for years to come.

For any trekkies out there it's the old Kobayashi Maru I'm afraid....................

33 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The result of the HMRC case against Lorraine Kelly just perfectly sums up everything that's wrong with this country and our system where the wealthy are given a free lunch at the expense of the ordinary low paid worker.

This is the type of thing which brought about Brexit in the first place but of course the EU has absolutely nothing to do with this but sadly the misinformed public don't quite get this and just blame every perceived negative on the EU.

Total shambles.

Lorraine Kelly's tax case sums up everything wrong with the country AND is the cause of brexit?  Interesting take.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Lorraine Kelly's tax case sums up everything wrong with the country AND is the cause of brexit?  Interesting take.

"type of thing".

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There's a case to be said that Brexit has been promoted by the filthy rich as a way of avoiding the EU's regulations on tax transparency that kick in early 2019.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

"type of thing".

Lorraine Kelly set herself up as a contractor.  Something that is done by many, many "ordinary" people on "ordinary" pay all across the country.

They too would be pretty pissed off if HMRC hit them with an income tax and NIC bill.

The result of the HMRC case against Lorraine Kelly just perfectly sums up everything that's wrong with this country and our system where the wealthy are given a free lunch at the expense of the ordinary low paid worker.
This is the type of thing which brought about Brexit in the first place but of course the EU has absolutely nothing to do with this but sadly the misinformed public don't quite get this and just blame every perceived negative on the EU.
Total shambles.
Amazing. Every word of what you just wrote was wrong.

I'm well aware of the Tax laws and I'm also well aware of WHY they were set up, however for those who don't quite understand my point (and I'm not sure how), it's about how the system is being abused by the super rich such as "celebrities", "sports stars", "Actors & Actresses" etc so as they can avoid paying what they're due to the exchequer.

If people such as Usedtogotocentral park think this type of behaviour had no influence on many peoples Brexit voting then they're quite deluded and out of touch. 

Conservatives perhaps ????

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Lorraine Kelly set herself up as a contractor.  Something that is done by many, many "ordinary" people on "ordinary" pay all across the country.

They too would be pretty pissed off if HMRC hit them with an income tax and NIC bill.

Yeah imagine having to pay the same taxes as anyone else; I can just hear a tiny violin soundtrack playing to sum up their plight. 

25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Off topic, but whilst the judgement itself seems correct the rules are fucked up.  

No one, including “ordinary” people, should be able to manipulate their employment status in order to pay less tax; but that’s Tory Britain for you.

Documents sliding across my desk this afternoon regarding our firms plans for Brexit. All becoming very real. Thankfully a lot of our manufacturing is done in Italy so we can bear the brunt of a potential no-deal, but f**k me what a shambles this is gonna be for a lot of engineering companies never mind the rest. 

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Off topic, but whilst the judgement itself seems correct the rules are fucked up.  

No one, including “ordinary” people, should be able to manipulate their employment status in order to pay less tax; but that’s Tory Britain for you.

Exactly, that was my point. Thank God someone gets it !!

33 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Setting yourself up as a contractor and being a contractor are not the same thing.

41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They probably will be hitting me next April. Not that I'm too bothered because I don't avoid anything like the amount of tax the DAB did.

I think most folk would agree that Corbyn has been hopeless throughout this process.  Nonetheless when he met EU leaders with his proposals they all agreed these were workable.

If Theresa May had made genuine attempts at cross party discussions there could have been a Brexit that I think the majority of folk in the U.K. would have accepted (acceptance not being the same as being happy with).

Of course it’s not May’s style and she probably would have seen it as handing Labour a partial victory.