Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Think this is an elaborate plan by May and Tusk. By leaving the carrot of no deal dangling in front of bigots next week her deal won't pass as they will be wanking over the prospect of a hard brexit in days.... Then. Woosh, 2 yr extension, referendum and no brexit.

I must admit that I'm beginning to lose the plot here with who wants what, who's pretending to want what, who's bluffing who, who's double bluffing who and basically what "side" anyone is actually on, if there even IS such a thing ???

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I thought she wasn't being allowed to bring it back again without definitive changes ???

6 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

This.

I thought her deal had been kicked into touch. Don't know what the f**k is going on anymore

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fairly certain if they think they’ll get it passed they’ll find a way to hold the vote.

Read back a few pages and you will see the answer.  I also think that if the EU impose that condition then that in itself will be seen as a change in substance.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Read back a few pages and you will see the answer.  I also think that if the EU impose that condition then that in itself will be seen as a change in substance.

As I said in my previous post, "my heed is bursting".

Can't you just tell us ? Please ??

2 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I don't quite get Tusk's comments in all honesty.

The EU will only grant a short extension if MP's back May's deal.

Even though Bercow has ruled out the vote coming back in the same format again and we only have about a week left to go until March 29th.

If May had enough votes to pass her deal, she would have enough to vote to set aside the convention that would normally stop it coming back.

I don't quite get Tusk's comments in all honesty.
The EU will only grant a short extension if MP's back May's deal.
Even though Bercow has ruled out the vote coming back in the same format again and we only have about a week left to go until March 29th.
Think the EU have now decided that they don't want us any more so WA or No Deal they do not care. Just go away as fast as possible please and put the cheque in the post.

So parliament has to agree a deal, not an election or a referendum just deal or no deal.

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Think the EU have now decided that they don't want us any more so WA or No Deal they do not care. Just go away as fast as possible please and put the cheque in the post.

So parliament has to agree a deal, not an election or a referendum just deal or no deal.

God, we've made a right c**t of this haven't we?

(we being the UK)

3 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Donathan said:

May not going to the 1922 committee but will meet opposition leaders, presumably to blackmail them into voting for her deal

Followed by a meeting with ERG reps and a press statement.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Followed by a meeting with ERG reps and a press statement.

My favourite bit about this, is that Downing Street haven't confirmed that she'll be making a statement tonight yet. But Leo Varadkar has.

My favourite bit about this, is that Downing Street haven't confirmed that she'll be making a statement tonight yet. But Leo Varadkar has.
Simon Coveney (Irish Minister) saying that he wouldn't expect the EU to give any extension without a legally binding concrete plan. Something simply must give in next 7 days

35 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Think the EU have now decided that they don't want us any more so WA or No Deal they do not care. Just go away as fast as possible please

This has always been the EU27's position.  They've never been concerned about whether there's a deal or not, or what kind of deal could be achieved. They've simply wanted it done so they could move on. Unfortunately very few people in brexitland have ever understood this.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

This has always been the EU27's position.  They've never been concerned about whether there's a deal or not, or what kind of deal could be achieved. They've simply wanted it done so they could move on. Unfortunately very few people in brexitland have ever understood this.

They need us more than we need them. They'll make a deal when they remember who won the fucking war.