Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Barnier not exactly ruling in an automatic extension. If anything he appears to be saying it could be a no deal scenario. [emoji33]

Michel Barnier: "Everyone should now finalise all preparations for a no-deal scenario"

They know how to play hardball and that this is the best way to force through a second referendum as it’s becoming the only tangible alternative.

37 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Barnier not exactly ruling in an automatic extension. If anything he appears to be saying it could be a no deal scenario. :o

Michel Barnier: "Everyone should now finalise all preparations for a no-deal scenario"

He can hardly comment on an extension when one hasn't been requested. Unless it is it's a no-deal scenario.

He can hardly comment on an extension when one hasn't been requested. Unless it is it's a no-deal scenario.
It's a fascinating scenario.... there are some Tory dingbats who would glory in a No Deal outcome, and possibly nutters like Hoey, but there is no way that the majority of the Government would even countenance being the people who signed the death warrant to the UK economy.

However, if the bams continue to hold May's feet to the fire in the hope that the apocalypse comes to pass then there is no way she can provide assurances to the EU; in that event I expect the 27 to demand that matters pass back to the electorate in return for an extension.

I can't even remember a single detail of May's deal anymore.

That’s because there aren’t any. May’s “deal” is just an extension in all but name to buy time to negotiate a real deal with the “backstop” kicking in should those negotiations fail

On St Patrick's Day, the EU's chief Brexit negotiator, Michel Barnier, tweeted a message to what he called his "Irish friends", saying Ireland was part of the EU for 40 years and he looked forward to another 40 of peace, prosperity and solidarity.

Hear Hear.

Great trolling by the ' The Negotiator'

9 minutes ago, Donathan said:

That’s because there aren’t any. May’s “deal” is just an extension in all but name to buy time to negotiate a real deal with the “backstop” kicking in should those negotiations fail

Exactly. Labour have been doing a con act in the deluded hope that they'd get the DUP to support them in a vote of no confidence, which they never would. They haven't even talked about the final arrangement, so "a customs union and close relationship with the single market" would clearly still be on the table if May's deal passed. The national interest doesn't come into it, they just want May to fail, and not be blamed for a hard brexit or no brexit. Corbyn will never support a public vote, he'd rather No Deal.

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

And you didn't comment on my undergraduate engineering thesis. If you do, you will see my thoughts on the possibility of errors in k-epsilon turbulence models caused by poor y+ values.

The whole purpose of a Thesis is focus and the ability to  simplify your discourse to enable the recipient to understand it, so you absolutely feckin lost me as I'm not a smartass.

My grandson is also in the throes of his Physics phd at Strathclyde.

50 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The whole purpose of a Thesis is focus and the ability to  simplify your discourse to enable the recipient to understand it, so you absolutely feckin lost me as I'm not a smartass.

My grandson is also in the throes of his Physics phd at Strathclyde.

Where does he get his brains from?

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Aye, you said.

11 minutes ago, Donathan said:

...which is why no amount of media pressure is likely to budge the DUP as they know full well that those negotiations are not expected to succeed given all the red lines that the Brexiters have make any arrangement that would prevent a hard border impossible

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Final punt, May's deal or General Election, short extension with the first, long with the latter. 

I really don't see the DUP agreeing to May's deal. They are first and foremost lunatics and no amount of money will change that.

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

...However, if the bams continue to hold May's feet to the fire in the hope that the apocalypse comes to pass then there is no way she can provide assurances to the EU; in that event I expect the 27 to demand that matters pass back to the electorate in return for an extension.

Or one out of twenty seven countries will say, "#### this fur a gemme ay sodgers, oan ye go then", in their best diplomatic French.  Fingers crossed we don't go over the cliff edge due to an unforeseen set of circumstances.