Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He’s about a week late.  I made the same point when it was raised in Parliament by Angela Eagles (I think) last week.

If there’s a majority for a deal then there’s a majority to force the vote; if not there ain’t.

As far as I was aware the speakers role is impartial and non partisan at Westminster, however it seems that Bercow has decided to enter the fray at such a late date to scupper May's attempt to curry another vote, given that he is a declared Brexiteer I find his interference foolish and misguided and he may have been influenced by his close friend Kenneth Clarke the 'Father of the House' with whom he enjoyed a late dinner with last week.

I have no doubt that May would have lost that third attempt which would have prompted a lengthy extension and a second ref, however by Bercow's late input it may well be that through tory executive petulance at being usurped we may well be looking at a catastrophic 'no deal' exit

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

As far as I was aware the speakers role is impartial and non partisan at Westminster, however it seems that Bercow has decided to enter the fray at such a late date to scupper May's attempt to curry another vote

Should Bercow just ignore the rules of parliament now? In doing so, giving away a huge amount of time for a government who have already wasted parliaments time on the same motion by allocating days to debate and then pulling the vote at the last minute.

Wouldn't be very neutral, would it?

4 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

It was a very distinct possibility which was highlighted during IndyRef.   The likelihood on us not being granted admission into the EU, after a Yes vote in 2014, was 0%

You can deny it all you like

The likelihood isn't a fact. Do you know for certain that Scotland would have been granted entry to the EU?

The vote needs to be today or tomorrow so she better get a move on if she wants to buy off parliament,  buy off the DUP and buy off the ERG before she goes to Brussels. 

That's really all she's got left. She can't claim any material change to the WA. All she can do is throw money at these people. It'll be preferable to her when set against having to compromise with Labour, the Lib Dems or the SNP.  May would rather see the UK fall into a massive sinkhole than talk to the opposition. 

She's an absolute cvnt. 

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As far as I was aware the speakers role is impartial and non partisan at Westminster, however it seems that Bercow has decided to enter the fray at such a late date to scupper May's attempt to curry another vote, given that he is a declared Brexiteer I find his interference foolish and misguided and he may have been influenced by his close friend Kenneth Clarke the 'Father of the House' with whom he enjoyed a late dinner with last week.

I have no doubt that May would have lost that third attempt which would have prompted a lengthy extension and a second ref, however by Bercow's late input it may well be that through tory executive petulance at being usurped we may well be looking at a catastrophic 'no deal' exit

Surely you mean committed Remainer?

9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Should Bercow just ignore the rules of parliament now? In doing so, giving away a huge amount of time for a government who have already wasted parliaments time on the same motion by allocating days to debate and then pulling the vote at the last minute.

Wouldn't be very neutral, would it?

He must have been aware of the procedure prior to the second vote when you consider the  heavy loss she sustained in the first vote, if  so why wait in ambush so close to the exit date?

If you read my second paragraph again, which you failed to comment on, you will see my thoughts on the possibility of a no deal exit caused by this. 

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Evidence?

https://www.scotsman.com/news/eu-negotiator-simple-fact-independent-scotland-could-join-eu-1-4757519

I've pulled up recent comments that reflect our current situation but the same was said in 2014. Some people just choose to ignore it. 

Edited by Londonwell

18 minutes ago, HTG said:

The vote needs to be today or tomorrow so she better get a move on if she wants to buy off parliament,  buy off the DUP and buy off the ERG before she goes to Brussels. 

That's really all she's got left. She can't claim any material change to the WA. All she can do is throw money at these people. It'll be preferable to her when set against having to compromise with Labour, the Lib Dems or the SNP.  May would rather see the UK fall into a massive sinkhole than talk to the opposition. 

She's an absolute cvnt. 

Rumours that she'll ask for 9 months extension but with the flexibility of shortening it if she can get her deal through.

Just now, Londonwell said:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/eu-negotiator-simple-fact-independent-scotland-could-join-eu-1-4757519

I've pulled up recent comments that reflect our current situation but the same was said in 2014. Some people just choose to ignore it. 

The word 'could' doesn't make it a certainty. 

Just now, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

The word 'could' doesn't make it a certainty. 

There's no such thing as certainty but given the fact Scotland already meet all the criteria for membership, and no country has said they would block it, you'd have to be very brave or insane to bet against it.