Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

How do you know?
The EU are 27 countries. It will only take 1 to reject an extension.
A second referendum might not resolve anything.

This exactly

I struggle to see the EU granting any extension at the moment however the idea of a 2 year extension thereby allowing for the next General Election seems to be touted about so I’d be interested to see what happens there.

I also don’t think a second ref would do anything. I’m not against it but I still think the majority would vote leave again despite anything other than a No Deal being pretty much impossible.

It's all getting a bit reminiscent of the helicopter ascending from the roof of the American Embassy in Saigon in 1975. We can only imagine what will now be going in the minds of May and her Cabinet, never mind the zoomerati like Francois and Bridgen - apparently someone in Carlisle has claimed to have overheard Cox hailing a taxi in Westminster.

And the really goods news is that people seriously under pressure often get it totally wrong - I wish them godspeed on that one.

Yesterday,a work colleague said, "WRK, you follow politics - what's going to happen this week, then?"
I replied, "seriously, mate,I have no idea. Anything's possible at this point. Bercow might disallow the third vote, but he'd need balls like King Kong to do it."

God bless the wee fella with the massive cojones. I will treasure the memory of Cleverly and Francois having it gently explained to them that no, they don't get to make the rules up all the time. Fucking delicious.

8 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Am I getting whooshed? Did they not vote and agree that there will be no leaving the EU with no deal last week?

As it stands, Britain is set to leave the EU on the 29th of March 2019 and have voted against leaving with no deal at that time. However, this vote is notlegally binding, meaning we could still leave without a deal in place further down the line, even if Brexit is delayed

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

How long would it take to make it legally binding? Was watching it live last week but there was so much shit going on with backing amendments/not backing amendments, flip flopping, Labstaining etc. I ended up taking a wee turn and downing 6 cans of EU lager to ease my head.

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

The EU won’t reject an extension, a no deal would be an outright disaster for them.

But they’ll certainly try to push for a second referendum which is the ideal outcome IMO

In what way would it be an absolute disaster for them? I suspect most EU citizens would barely notice.

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

How long would it take to make it legally binding? Was watching it live last week but there was so much shit going on with backing amendments/not backing amendments, flip flopping, Labstaining etc. I ended up taking a wee turn and downing 6 cans of EU lager to ease my head.

The Government say they'll introduce a statutory instrument next week that will change the date on the leaving bill. If Theresa takes a hissy fit and doesn't, we could still crash out on the 29th.

Sounds like the EU will bail May out, offering a three or nine month extension to A50, depending on whether her deal gets passed or not. The thought is that the Speaker will consider that a sufficient change in circumstances to allow MV3 to be voted on.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/18/eu-could-hand-may-lifeline-with-formal-offer-of-new-brexit-date

26 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Couldn't you get Tennents?

Just now, Granny Danger said:

The next time May comes to the HoC and stands up to speak the opposition benches should start chanting “Strong and Stable, Strong and Stable” not loud, just in an undertone.

Just remember that it is people like you who voted for this and got us into this mess.

17 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Just remember that it is people like you who voted for this and got us into this mess.

Just remember people like you and 2014.

Granny has given enough mia culpa tongs given a pass.

What have you learned?

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Meanwhile, quite astonishingly, after all this, there still isn't a majority for Scottish Independence

Does anybody know if Progress Scotland, the polling company that Angus Robertson heads, has released any poll findings? Would be brilliant if they find a surge in indy support in light of the way leaving EU has been handled. It's highlighting all that's wrong with Westminster. Hopefully lots more folk are seeing a better option lies ahead for Scotland.