Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s fucking shocking that the future prosperity of the country might be in the hands of 10 political dinosaurs.

If we finally stumble through to the whole mess getting reversed in a second referendum it will all have worked out for the best. The DUP were always going to be a lot keener on No Deal than May's deal as it kept the Union intact and that may have encouraged the ERG types into overplaying their hand. Fingers crossed anyway. The Daily Heil seem to think the vote will be called off now and May will seek a two year extension:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6821225/May-course-cancel-vote-agree-lengthy-delay-Brexit.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

I'm a bit mystified at what the DUP would agree to?  The only option on the table is May's deal. 

May can say all she wants just to get it through the Commons, but by the time it gets to the EU it's ruled out.  Surely she's not going down that road again? 

4 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I'm a bit mystified at what the DUP would agree to?  The only option on the table is May's deal. 

May can say all she wants just to get it through the Commons, but by the time it gets to the EU it's ruled out.  Surely she's not going down that road again? 

She's saying that Britain will unilaterally abide by any rules imposed on NI by the EU, so the UK will all be treated the same.

55 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s fucking shocking that the future prosperity of the country might be in the hands of 10 political dinosaurs.

If ever any evidence was required to highlight the fact that our political system is deeply flawed, this is it.

39 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

If ever any evidence was required to highlight the fact that our political system is deeply flawed, this is it.

I recall during the last GE campaign when there was a suggestion that the SNP might support a minority Labour Government to keep the Tories out.

There was a great deal of moaning about the possibility of Scottish MPs ‘dictating to the rest of the UK’.  

It would be funny if it were not so tragic.

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She's saying that Britain will unilaterally abide by any rules imposed on NI by the EU, so the UK will all be treated the same.

I thought the EU ruled that out? Also, would that not involve Free Movement of People? 

12 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I thought the EU ruled that out? Also, would that not involve Free Movement of People? 

Don't think so. Irish citizens have always and will continue to have freedom of movement within the UK. 

P.S. It's all a bit complicated. https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/brexit-s-ending-of-free-movement-has-real-implications-for-ireland-1.3713586

Edited by welshbairn

I recall during the last GE campaign when there was a suggestion that the SNP might support a minority Labour Government to keep the Tories out.
There was a great deal of moaning about the possibility of Scottish MPs ‘dictating to the rest of the UK’.  
It would be funny if it were not so tragic.

"Coalition of Chaos" iirc.

The year 1604 defeats the government.

Also, that was peak Bercow. Spending about 10 minutes insulting the government before getting to the actual ruling.