Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

9 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

A little bribery and corruption can work wonders. (Especially with politicians)

How awful will it be if her tactics of running the clock down see her crap deal get voted through.

I still think the SNP should go for 5 billion and an indy ref.

8 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

That's the assessment coming from the Tories in a London media outlet. If there was an article in the Sunday Life aimed at DUP supporters with quotes from Arlene Foster saying that it would be easier to believe. If there is one thing that Ulster Unionists are very good at it's saying No.

9 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

The Withdrawal Agreement Bill would be so-called superior legislation. This would mean that it would trump other bill, giving the DUP some reassurance that the next Prime Minister couldn’t just decide to cut a Brexit deal for Great Britain leaving Northern Ireland behind.

This is bullshit.  Any future Parliament by majority can repeal any previous legislation.

A little bribery and corruption can work wonders. (Especially with politicians)
How awful will it be if her tactics of running the clock down see her crap deal get voted through.
If British political history is any guide then that is exactly what will happen; every instrument of governmental pressure, lying, blackmail, propaganda, scaremongering and media manipulation will be employed by the most dogmatic, bone-headed Prime Minister of modern times - and that includes Thatcher.

And it's fascinating to consider the fabled 'will of people'; I was one of millions who marched to stop the Iraq invasion, funny that never seemed to register at Westminster.

So there we have it. Expect Theresa May to soon hail her triumph in bequeathing the UK tuberculosis instead of bowel cancer.

5 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

That's all well and good, but the DUP are only ten, she lost the vote by 149 last time.

In an ideal world there's no way she could turn that number around, but you have to remember we're dealing with politicians here, and as I mentioned in a previous post a little bribery and corruption can work wonders.

58 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

That's all well and good, but the DUP are only ten, she lost the vote by 149 last time.

There’s quite a few Tories, and a couple of others, who have said that if the DUP are satisfied with the backstop then they would support the deal too.

Corbyn still wanting a GE that he won’t get and he’ll sacrifice the chance of a second referendum to try to achieve the impossible. 

I’m not suggesting that it would be easy to get a second referendum through Parliament but a GE is an impossibility.

It is terrible self indulgence from Corbyn.

Corbyn still wanting a GE that he won’t get and he’ll sacrifice the chance of a second referendum to try to achieve the impossible. 
I’m not suggesting that it would be easy to get a second referendum through Parliament but a GE is an impossibility.
Forgive me, but I think we need guidance here from Detournement.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I'd put the chances as:

1 May's deal

2 GE

3 Public vote

4 Revocation

I've left out Common Market 2.0 as I don't think it could happen without a GE. I also think the Brexiteers might start thinking the best way to get what they want is voting with Labour on a vote of no confidence, getting shot of May and winning a GE with a Brexiteer like Boris or Raab as PM.

Edited by welshbairn