Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Well my list was indicative rather than exhaustive, of course.  BUT your point does chime with a notion I have which is that the leave vote was dominated by pensioners, the unemployed, the independently wealthy and self-employed tradesmen.  I have never met anyone who works for a company trading outside of The UK who thinks that leaving the world's biggest self-interest  group is a good idea.
By way of balance, I have never met any Yes voter who isn't a Saltire-waving fandan with a warped view of history and a list of Scottish inventions over the years in his back pocket.
Have you moved back to Scotland?

I've only met one or two flag-waving yes voters, but I've never met a politically astute no voter. Any no-voting teachers kept their opinion very much to themselves, even when the issue was being discussed in a calm, rational manner.

In terms of Brexit, I only know the pensioners in my family who voted leave.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'm a yes voter, I don't own a saltire, I don't care about history and haven't got a clue what we've invented. Hiya.

Steady on, if I hadn’t invented the internet you couldn’t have posted that.

This.

I skipped a few pages as my I was in danger of entering a cringe convulsion, so things may have moved on... But he is next level, spectacularly thick isnt he?

Up there with the time Cuddy slapped him about.
He does this every so often. Confines himself to Ayr United threads then suddenly craves attention. Stunned we've not had a reference to his "University of life" education yet tbh.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Have you moved back to Scotland?

I've only met one or two flag-waving yes voters, but I've never met a politically astute no voter. Any no-voting teachers kept their opinion very much to themselves, even when the issue was being discussed in a calm, rational manner.

There is no case to be made for 'no' voters, politically astute or otherwise.  We have a delightful, beloved and continuing Union which started with shared sovereignty almost half a millennium ago.  The case has to be made for those seeking partition and, clearly, that failed.

There is no case to be made for 'no' voters, politically astute or otherwise.  We have a delightful, beloved and continuing Union which started with shared sovereignty almost half a millennium ago.  The case has to be made for those seeking partition and, clearly, that failed.
That is absolute shite

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That is absolute shite

We both know you aren't the sharpest knife in the block but which part is shite? That we haven't shared sovereignty for almost half a millennium or that the attempt at partition failed?

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

ayrmad showing what an economic illiterate he is.

Even the most ardent of Brexiters have said that in the short run at least there will be damage to the economy.

I haven't mentioned a thing about post Brexit to say it will be ok, I've only been talking about the lies spread about what would happen post referendum, so far it's almost all proven to be bullshit, no huge job losses, no huge tax hikes, no huge spending cuts, no recession blah blah blah.

Looks like May is pandering further to the DUP in an attempt to get her discredited deal past.

The fragile peace that exists in NI will be put in jeopardy if she starts making changes to the workings of the Assembly to buy off the dinosaurs.

Looks like May is pandering further to the DUP in an attempt to get her discredited deal past.
The fragile peace that exists in NI will be put in jeopardy if she starts making changes to the workings of the Assembly to buy off the dinosaurs.

It's also a disgrace that they are meeting the Chancellor.

If their votes change and NI suddenly gets more cash there should be fucking uproar.

They don't want NI treated any differently except when it comes to bungs from the UK government.

As far as I can see there are only five Tory Remainers who haven't voted for May's deal. Guto Bebb. Jo Johnson. Dominic Grieve. Justine Greening. Phillip Lee.
So if every Tory who voted for the Deal on Tuesday plus the Tory Brexiter rebels plus the DUP votes for the Deal next week it passes even without the three Labour rebels.

I wonder if more Tory remainers could join them now that no deal is off the table?

8 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Indeed.

You might have mistaken my posts for an argument. I don't come on here to argue. Just for information and entertainment.

If you're looking for an argument you've chosen the wrong poster. I'd suggest one of the many folk on here who take all this shite seriously.

Edited by Suspect Device

We both know you aren't the sharpest knife in the block but which part is shite? That we haven't shared sovereignty for almost half a millennium or that the attempt at partition failed?
The trolling, birthday caird pish for a start, and also the assertion that something is the correct way to do it purely because of how long it has been done that way for.

The "arguement" of an utter dummy.

Hardly surprising that a Unionist would resort to that though, since I have been trying to seek out the compelling No arguement on here for quite some time. I am still waiting on someone telling me why Scotland is better off as part of the Union rather than going it alone. And on topic for this thread, Brexit makes that arguement miles more difficult to make.

Feel free to have a crack. If you make a compelling arguement I will acknowledge it. Perhaps even take it over to the Indyref thread. I didnt know enough in 2014. I think I do now. Convince me otherwise