Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I'm totally against Brexit. 

But also hate the idea of a second referendum. It will just lead to even more chaos. 

This . 

A second referendum is bad news. It wouldn't solve much and might even galvanize support for no deal. I would be very surprised if Remain won. 

10 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Right, can someone explain? If I've read correctly they've voted against asking for an extension until June 30th and also against allowing the house to debate the next steps on Brexit? What does this mean?

Assuming it passes the Government motion is to ask the EU for an extension to June 30th anyway. All the amendments were lost or withdrawn so it's back to more votes on May's deal.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

They don't want an extension without a purpose. What's the point of extending to 30 June if May's deal won't pass?

Sounds like they'll insist on a 21 month extension if May's deal doesn't pass. 

3 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Interesting, but no indication whether the EU27 would agree to it.

Absolutely - It will only take 1 EU country, concerned about all those who have made their homes here, to vote against.

I hope that happens and that Article 50 gets revoked.

6 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Absolutely - It will only take 1 EU country, concerned about all those who have made their homes here, to vote against.

I hope that happens and that Article 50 gets revoked.

Do you think there would be a majority in the Commons to revoke article 50? I doubt European countries concerned for their citizens living here would want to risk that. I'm not even sure if there's a mechanism for that to be put to the house, May certainly wouldn't. There will be an extension or hard brexit imo.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you think there would be a majority in the Commons to revoke article 50? I doubt European countries concerned for their citizens living here would want to risk that. I'm not even sure if there's a mechanism for that to be put to the house, May certainly wouldn't. There will be an extension or hard brexit imo.

Probably not, but it's hard to see where they go from here. Will they just keep bringing May's deal back ad naseum, until they all get so fed up with it, they eventually vote it through.

47 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Are you just ignoring the last two years?

All Leave need is another xenophobic dishonest campaign. Remain dealt in facts and lost. Two years of more facts doesn't necessarily mean Remain wins.