Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It looks like Corbyn will try to get Parliament to support Labour’s proposal.  

I can’t see that happening; even Remainers on the Tory bench would find it difficult to vote for legislation that comes from the Leader of the Opposition.

The only way it could happen would be if May took a cross-party approach and I cannot see that happening now partly due to her own intransigence and partly due to the potential backlash from many of her own MPs.

I think there would be more support from the Tory side for a second referendum than for Corbyn sponsored legislation.

Sub out the individual MP and party names in this post for a second. It's utterly revolting that politics in the UK amounts to "f**k what's best for the country or my constituency, as long as my team wins".

An interesting sideline. Gove has sent the DUP into a sack of scrapping cats by threatening Direct Rule if there's No Deal, which could lead directly to a border poll apparently. May's plan looks like trying to bring back her deal for a 3rd vote and bully the DUP, and maybe sway the ERG, into backing her deal. Problem she has is she isn't allowed to bring back a pretty well identical motion or bill again if it's been voted down. Bit surprised she was allowed the second go as all the changes were only slightly rephrased stuff that had been in there from the start. 

Still can't see her deal getting a third go, once an Extension has been voted through tomorrow and then granted. In that scenario its full steam ahead for either the revocation of A50 or a 2nd Ref, 'Brexit' is off the table, by admission as parliament has then rejected both avenues open to it to leave the EU in the form of her deal and no deal, there is no other 'leaving' mechanism left surely? I cant see the 'extension will lead to a softer Norway style Brexit' argument, as there are low numbers in parliament in favour of that.

ERG and DUP will be raging in a week or two's time when they realise their chance passed them by last night.

The Government have had 3 years to negotiate a deal with the EU and it's so shite, mainly because of May's red lines, that Parliament have thrown it out, twice and with record breaking majorities. When the Government is transparently incapable of doing the job it seems to me it would be quite honourable to ask the electorate to confirm or change their opinion. If the No Deal option had been the publicly advertised Leave position in the last referendum Remain would have won it at a stroll.

Think we’ve agreed before that’s sensible to hold a final vote on the deal but the people that are most vocally advocating for one are hopeless at articulating this.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

John Bercow has some job. 

Can never remember Betty Boothroyd being this animated.

Bercow does a not bad job but he seems to go to the same old faces at questions. He also has started to show the SNP a  bit of respect.

The reason it was so close is because the vote was on an amendment to the motion, not to the motion itself. The motion itself will be voted on later.

The 312-308 vote was actually expected to be rejected.

Edited by Donathan