Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 minutes ago, Adamski said:

I'd struggle to see any outcome other than a Tory majority if another general election was held at the moment. If the vote goes against them tonight then it's probably their best chance of getting their deal through.

A large number of Tory MP's wouldn't vote for the deal as it stands. A larger majority would not necessarily allow them to push the deal through.

Besides, the deal as it stands, is very unpopular with the general public is the polls are to be believed. 

There is no way that they would campaign behind the current deal should their be a general election.  

What would they campaign behind then you may ask....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by jamieson87

At the moment I'm less than certain it'll be a three figure loss, could be a lot closer that might offer May a crack of light? Seems to be a steady trickle of Tory MPs saying they'll now vote for the deal having previously voted against.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

At the moment I'm less than certain it'll be a three figure loss, could be a lot closer that might offer May a crack of light? Seems to be a steady trickle of Tory MPs saying they'll now vote for the deal having previously voted against.

14 switchers at the moment going by The Guardian live blog.

Assuming the deal does get voted down tonight and a vote to remove "No Deal" as an option is passed but withdrawing A50 altogether is ruled out, the ideal situation would be for May to front out leading the Tories in a General Election (with A50 being extended), a "leaders debate" being organised in front of a live studio audience in the North of England / Scotland, and then watch as a room full of people spontaneously combust through laughter and disbelief when May inevitably utters the line "Coalition of Chaos" about a potential Labour and SNP confidence agreement, which she one million percent would do. 

That one moment of pure satirical comedy might be worth the utter fucking cesspit that is Brexit Britain.*

*it won't be

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think that's been established , what we're trying to find out is if they're voting against it.

LK is reporting that they are, look it up.

The knock on effect to the ERG is what really matters.

ETA. when i say 'really matters' she lost the last vote by 2/3rds so really matters in that little xenophobic, backwards corner of parliament. TL;DR... she ain't getting her deal through, barring some miracle. 

Edited by Londonwell

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think that's been established , what we're trying to find out is if they're voting against it.

There you go, seems to imply they will be voting against...

image.png.ce96bb863e897c4931e6b701ee6731cc.png

Edit - If there was any doubt - 

image.png.82108248bc34868223c95729dccf15aa.png

Edited by jamieson87