Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just now, Londonwell said:

Oh absolutely, there’s years of this shit still to come. However, if you’re of an SNP/Independence persuasion, a deal passing this week allows that situation to move on a step.

Most likely. But if we vote for independence then the shit for Scotland continues with both the extracation from the UK and trying to get into EU.

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

DUP saying that they will take time to review (no immediate dismissal of the ‘legally binding’ changes’) is that a positive sign!?

I suppose it depends which side of the deal you're on. The DUP usually consider these things before deciding on their course of action rather than jumping in with two feet.

16 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Someone’s confident! 

Ha, I’m not really tbh. I haven’t been confident of any political prediction for years. These ‘changes’ may turn out to nonsense but what I do know is that the Brexiteers in Parliament are looking for anything that will bring about Brexit (Mays deal) and allow them to save some face.

9 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

DUP saying that they will take time to review (no immediate dismissal of the ‘legally binding’ changes’) is that a positive sign!?

It depends what you view as positive.

Nothing has changed; Liddington’s answer to Hillary Benn’s question about the final arbiter makes that clear.

This is an exercise in allowing the DUP and ERG to save face by pretending that they have what they want.  Cox will effectively lie to the HoC; that’s how desperate they are.

4 hours ago, sureiknow said:

So we don't join the Euro.

Planes will fall out of the sky etc.

Didn't happen.

Vote to leave the E.U. and planes etc.

No it didn't happen.

Vote to leave the E.U.

No planes etc.

What did happen though is the highest employment rate in History.

Wages on the increase.

Don't listen to M.S.M. 

When the Euro started you could get 1.6 of the suckers for a pound. You haven't been able to get more than 1.2 since the Brexit referendum and it's mostly been nearer parity.

I don't know about you, but if I could be 25% better off for all I care they could put Jimmy Saville on the notes.

Oh, and we haven't left yet. Nobody is paying tariffs. No products have come into the country from very cheap producers, undercutting domestic supply. We don't have a single trade deal with a single country in the world, including the EU, and we're about to negotiate them from a weaker position. You're celebrating before the match has even started.

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

When the Euro started you could get 1.6 of the suckers for a pound. You haven't been able to get more than 1.2 since the Brexit referendum and it's mostly been nearer parity.

I don't know about you, but if I could be 25% better off for all I care they could put Jimmy Saville on the notes.

Oh, and we haven't left yet. Nobody is paying tariffs. No products have come into the country from very cheap producers, undercutting domestic supply. We don't have a single trade deal with a single country in the world, including the EU, and we're about to negotiate them from a weaker position. You're celebrating before the match has even started.

He supports Grenta. He's used to doing all of the celebrating before the kick off. bQshDtu.png

5 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Prime Minister Theresa May is on her way to Strasbourg to meet European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker to try to break the Brexit deadlock.

I HAVE A RARE EYE CONDITION YOU UTTER TRUMPET WILL TYPE IN WHATEVER FONT I LIKE

Whilst other media sources are taking an understandably cautious approach, the BBC is once again acting as a publicity machine for May. Many folk will do no more than scan the headlines and whilst the body of the report has caveats the headlines present it as a fait accompli.

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Chuck another billion or at Dup...sprted ;)

Will actually be interesting what the DUP say about the "new deal" as nothing has changed. Although you would think it has going by todays newspaper headlines

Edited by Colkitto

22 minutes ago, tintax said:

These so called legal guarantees do not eliminate the risk of the backstop being in place indefinitely. Which is why the ERG, DUP and others will vote it down. 

I agree with the first part, not sure about the second part.

Even if it gets past it is a very bad deal and will cause ructions in the future.

If ever there was a time for politicians to put the country's interests before party allegiances then it is now.  A crazed Theresa May has almost driven the bus over the cliff and it's now time the adults took over.  Request an extension from the EU and put May's deal to the electorate along with No Deal and Remain options.  ( Yes I know the headbangers would go crazy, with the Leave vote risking a split, but these are effectively the three choices).

Every last MP would do well to consider that if they shove May's deal over the line then it might generate some positive headlines in the scarecrow press but it would be a truly dire outcome.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Whilst other media sources are taking an understandably cautious approach, the BBC is once again acting as a publicity machine for May. Many folk will do no more than scan the headlines and whilst the body of the report has caveats the headlines present it as a fait accompli.

What I got from the Today programme this morning is that there's nothing new, just regurgitation of what's been said before, and Rees Mogg saying it sounds like a crock of shite but if the DUP cave the ERG probably will too, and if they don't, they won't. Hardly a publicity machine for May. Meanwhile in the other media..

image.thumb.png.9cf7c0675fcbf519122cdcf6a5b8f9a6.png