Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Evidence to back up my assertion that Accrington is a hole?

Yes, tons.

So nothing to support the opinion that first time voters there would buck the national trend?

Accrington is in the Hyndburn District of Lancashire where the vote to Leave was just shy of 2-1.  So that means that there are tens of thousands of Remain supporters; you talk as if there are none and that all the new voters think the same way.  It strikes me as blinkered and prejudicial.

Blackburn was far closer - 56.3% to 44.7% - but a poll reported in the Lancashire Telegraph in September 2018 showed a swing in the other direction to 54.1% Remain.  Attitudes are changing and there is evidence to support that.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So nothing to support the opinion that first time voters there would buck the national trend?

Accrington is in the Hyndburn District of Lancashire where the vote to Leave was just shy of 2-1.  So that means that there are tens of thousands of Remain supporters; you talk as if there are none and that all the new voters think the same way.  It strikes me as blinkered and prejudicial.

Blackburn was far closer - 56.3% to 44.7% - but a poll reported in the Lancashire Telegraph in September 2018 showed a swing in the other direction to 54.1% Remain.  Attitudes are changing and there is evidence to support that.

2 - 1 is pretty fucking substantial, is it not?

I honestly don't know how new voters would vote given another referendum, and of course who knows what would the question be this time?

I strongly suspect Accrington as a hole overall would still vote leave by a substantial majority.  From what I can gather many of the local electorate here would be quite happy for a No deal to come out of all this.

This was very much under appreciated the first time but you are in danger of flogging it to death. I haven’t been to Accrington mind you.
He should f**k off back to Spain if he doesn't like proud English patriotism imo.

The Brexiteers are shitting themselves; they know the tide has turned against them and a new vote would be Remain.

Aye, I notice the right-wing papers are attempting a hard sell that a growing number of the electorate are moving towards a No Deal.

Apart from the fact that there is almost certainly no firm impartial evidence to support this, it's indicative of the desperation setting in and confirms that Telegraph, The Mail and The Express will throw the propaganda kitchen sink in the coming days.

Expect The Express to run with a cut-out and keep Spitfire this Tuesday [emoji927]

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:
2 hours ago, trainspotter said:
This was very much under appreciated the first time but you are in danger of flogging it to death. I haven’t been to Accrington mind you.

He should f**k off back to Spain if he doesn't like proud English patriotism imo.

It was proud English patriotism that drove me out of Spain.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Opinion polls are in a similar place to where they were in the lead up to the referendum. They don't count for much right now as everything changes once campaigning starts and "Tell Them Again" would be a strong position for leave.

Do you believe the xenophobes would win a second referendum? If you do what's your evidence?

20 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I take it you have evidence to back this up.

The shitting themselves bit? Yes, the fact that they are determined to do everything they can to avoid a second referendum.

The result bit?  Yes; I’ve already posted examples of this in my last few posts and would add to that any recent independent polls.

Now I’ve andwered your questions I would ask if you can offer any evidence to the contrary?

21 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Do you believe the xenophobes would win a second referendum? If you do what's your evidence?

They won the first one. It could obviously go either way but they would have a betrayal narrative which would be very effective.

There is also the issue of who would lead the Remain side.