Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

34 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I hadn’t seen any posters say they think the EU would capitulate.

I think they will come up with a formula that will allow May to claim they have. Imagine the EU having to impose a border in Ireland. They really don't want that to happen.

It is very obvious that Article 50 will be extended.  It'll make no difference other than to kick the can down the road for a few months but it will be extended. Kicking the can down the road is and has been May's only tactic for the last 2 years. Still,  red white and blue Brexit. To think she actually came out with that pish when you look at the nick of her now. 

It's a golden opportunity for Spain. Probably the best she's had for a long time. Gibraltar really is the forgotten territory in all this, Spanish elections are timed to perfection

You’re ignoring the fact that the Gibraltarians absolutely despise Spain. Nearly 99% voted against a shared sovereignty. Now, they don’t want to leave the EU either, but much like Scotland they’ve got to probably choose between rUK and being in the EU, both of which they’ve previously indicated they want to be in, and it’s clear that they’d rather align with the UK.

The anti-Spanish sentiment is so strong in Gibraltar that I’m betting they’d sooner be an independent micro state than join Spain.

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

There is zero chance of Article 50 being revoked. More chance of the Tories voting to nationalise all land and abolish the aristocracy. 

Aye that’s an opinion.

27 minutes ago, HTG said:

It is very obvious that Article 50 will be extended.  It'll make no difference other than to kick the can down the road for a few months but it will be extended. Kicking the can down the road is and has been May's only tactic for the last 2 years. Still,  red white and blue Brexit. To think she actually came out with that pish when you look at the nick of her now. 

I think it will be extended, but I’d be delighted if one of the EU27 blocked it.  Mind you every one of these 27 would be put under enormous pressure by the other 26 if they indicated that they were going to prevent an extension.

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye that’s an opinion.

I think it will be extended, but I’d be delighted if one of the EU27 blocked it.  Mind you every one of these 27 would be put under enormous pressure by the other 26 if they indicated that they were going to prevent an extension.

The EU are not going to grant an extension unless there is a good reason.
They are unwilling to simply kick the can down the road.

The only options are a general election or a second referendum.
Theresa May is unlikely to budge on either of these.

There is lots of talk about the EU moving at the last minute.
Personally I am not convinced.

Either the UK government will move at the last minute or we will crash out without a deal.
I suspect if we crash out, we will be desperate to rejoin within a few weeks but that is simply my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Either the UK government will move at the last minute or we will crash out without a deal.
I suspect if we crash out, we will be desperate to rejoin within a few weeks but that is simply my opinion.

Disagree with this part. I think it is now quite likely that we have an early election.

17 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I agree that has always been their stated position but I think it is one thing they will compromise one.

I do not think they will compromise on the backstop but I think they will compromise on an extension to avoid the possibility of a Hard Brexit.

Edited by Granny Danger

56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I agree that has always been their stated position but I think it is one thing they will compromise one.

I do not think they will compromise on the backstop but I think they will compromise on an extension to avoid the possibility of a Hard Brexit.

As we can no doubt all agree British politics is in turmoil and is currently absolute shambles, our Government have no direction or authority and the EU can obviously see this as well as any of us. There will be no real backtracking or compromise from their end, however I would agree that they would undoubtedly be happy enough to keep kicking the can down the road, especially if it looks likely that a second vote or EU membership light could still come into play.

If nothing else it's certainly an exciting period in political history to be living through, as quite frankly it's an ever changing picture where anything appears to be possible and no outcomes "off the table", despite how suicidal and ludicrous some of these options may seem.........

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I think the EU would accede to an extension on two grounds; one, they will not be forced to blink first but more importantly they will be viewing the growing contagion in UK politics with the hope that in the passage of not much more time the Tory Government may collapse and/or a General Election otr People's Vote is called, thus potentially completely altering the entire dynamics of Brexit.

If it were to be a GE then I fervently hope that every party other than the Tories comes out with a firm manifesto commitment to Revoke Article 50 - never mind any more dancing to the trune of these mad, deluded b*****ds.

The worst outcome of all would be for weasel words to enable May's deal to stagger across the line.

7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think the EU would accede to an extension on two grounds; one, they will not be forced to blink first but more importantly they will be viewing the growing contagion in UK politics with the hope that in the passage of not much more time the Tory Government may collapse and/or a General Election otr People's Vote is called, thus potentially completely altering the entire dynamics of Brexit.

If it were to be a GE then I fervently hope that every party other than the Tories comes out with a firm manifesto commitment to Revoke Article 50 - never mind any more dancing to the trune of these mad, deluded b*****ds.

The worst outcome of all would be for weasel words to enable May's deal to stagger across the line.

There is no reason why the EU would undermine their own European Parliament elections in May just allow another x months of this pointless maneuvering to take place. Brexit is not even close to the top of the EU's agenda, much to the ignorance of Westminster politicians who think that the continent is hanging on their every word right now. 

This is a small sample of what you're up against !!

Government finances were in surplus by £14.9bn last month, the largest January surplus since records began in 1993, official figures showed.

This seems to indicate that UK is doing OK!

"the possibility of no deal is very clearly there"
Good. this is the best outcome. No deal is most definitely better than THE bad deal.

No deal is better than May's backstop deal
May's No backstop deal is better than no deal
Remain is the worst deal

I want a no deal brexit, why cant we have what we voted for?

What’s the problem with no deal?
Lots of advantages - a clean sheet and lower cost!

Its not a threat, its an opportunity ! Respect democracy Mr Hammond or stand down.

So in a nutshell, agree to every point put forward by the very group you are leaving, or stand your ground and avoid falling into the trap of not being a member but still ruled by them without a voice. Time to Exit with Brexit and leave the dictatorship of The EU

3 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Disagree with this part. I think it is now quite likely that we have an early election.

Nope. The "Independent" Party has made it quite clear that they'll side with Theresa May to ensure that there isn't one.

12 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Nope. The "Independent" Party has made it quite clear that they'll side with Theresa May to ensure that there isn't one.

As said before, it will make for very interesting reading when we find out who's behind this mob and who's pulling their strings.

I have my own thoughts like us all of course......

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

As said before, it will make for very interesting reading when we find out who's behind this mob and who's pulling their strings.

I have my own thoughts like us all of course......

I don’t think anyone is ‘behind them’ I think they are a disparate group, including some opportunists, who know they have no future staying where they are.

They are portraying themselves as principled but nothing could be further from the truth.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t think anyone is ‘behind them’ I think they are a disparate group, including some opportunists, who know they have no future staying where they are.

They are portraying themselves as principled but nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm not so sure, there's certainly been a "plan" in place for quite some time and I have serious doubts that the people involved are either capable enough or powerful enough to have executed it all so smoothly, in that I'm referring to the  perfectly placed media stories / non stories and of course their timing etc in the lead up to the "breakaway".

If I start posting about "shadowy figures" or the "illuminati" then I've probably lost it and should be sectioned !!

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm not so sure, there's certainly been a "plan" in place for quite some time and I have serious doubts that the people involved are either capable enough or powerful enough to have executed it all so smoothly, in that I'm referring to the  perfectly placed media stories / non stories and of course their timing etc in the lead up to the "breakaway".

If I start posting about "shadowy figures" or the "illuminati" then I've probably lost it and should be sectioned !!

Whisper...Henry Jackson Society...nuff said.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Of course the IG don't want one, that's the whole point.

What if Treesa/Tories want one?

Edited by Londonwell