Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

23 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Say what you want about Ken Clarke, a serious politician who knows what he is talking about and knows how to talk.

He must be thinking he's ended up in a Commons full of primary school pupils. There have always been lots of idiots but he's looking isolated as the only responsible adult. Made a good point to day that the Peoples Vote brigade are just as dangerous as the ERG in being utterly against any compromise that could get a majority in the house and stop the inevitable slide to a hard brexit, which will happen if May allows it and Parliament don't agree on something to stop it.

This guys completely out of his depth getting on a bus never mind being a front bench politician.

Grade A politicians are disappearing to not be replaced by people of the same quality. Say what you want about Ken Clarke, a serious politician who knows what he is talking about and knows how to talk.

Kier Starmer comes across as knowing what he is talking about but is clearly held back by Corbyn.

Similar with Holyrood as well. Salmond and Swinney were miles ahead of everyone else at the time. Derek Mackay needs taxpayers money to go on a speaking course. Doubt Swinney needed that.
Derek Mackay is far better at dealing with TV interviews than Swinney ever was.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Perhaps Nicola and Co will shut up about working with Labour now, or anytime in the future. I know she would love to play a part in bringing down a Tory gov/t but really she needs to concentrate much more on creating an independent Scotland.

There is so much wrong with this post I don’t know where to begin.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There is so much wrong with this post I don’t know where to begin.

Oh go on, I'm sure you can make a start on it.

Maybe you could start by reading, and trying to absorb this :

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-theresa-may-deal-nicola-sturgeon-corbyn-no-confidence-motion-vote-labour-snp-commons-a8676136.html

Edited by ICTJohnboy

51 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He must be thinking he's ended up in a Commons full of primary school pupils. There have always been lots of idiots but he's looking isolated as the only responsible adult. Made a good point to day that the Peoples Vote brigade are just as dangerous as the ERG in being utterly against any compromise that could get a majority in the house and stop the inevitable slide to a hard brexit, which will happen if May allows it and Parliament don't agree on something to stop it.

In the end, Clarke is just another party hack. Blowing it out his a*se.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I sometimes think posters on here have no idea how politics works.

When we avoid a Hard Brexit it will be due in part to the actions of MPs many of whom we (rightly) have nothing but contempt for.

There's so much wrong with that post, I really don't know where to begin.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You probably think that was clever/witty.

Not particularly, but you do come across as the only person left in the whole world who can't quite grasp that a hard brexit is becoming more and more the likeliest outcome in this Westminster farce.

Uhh. Had a quick look at oddschecker there - UK to leave EU with no brexit deal before 01/04/2019 is at 7/4.

S-shouldn't they be a lot longer than that? Does that mean that it's being pretty heavily backed on the bookies markets and therefore has a meaningful chance of happening in reality, rather than in some sort of flu-induced fever dream?

Theres also been items about NHS trusts preparing for a No Deal brexit.

It can't be a real possibility. Surely. There's a significant school of thought (well, apart from people who have enough capital to be able to shift their money about in various currencies/investments and are looking to profit from the damage) that no deal is a disatrous prospect for almost everyone.

It's dawning on me; are we fucked?

images.jpeg.188349d492503d38039f0e07dd1294fd.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Not particularly, but you do come across as the only person left in the whole world who can't quite grasp that a hard brexit is becoming more and more the likeliest outcome in this Westminster farce.

There is absolutely no majority in Westminster for No Deal, absolutely none.  It’s one of the very few things that’s clear in Parliament on the Brexit issue.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There is absolutely no majority in Westminster for No Deal, absolutely none.  It’s one of the very few things that’s clear in Parliament on the Brexit issue.

So are you saying that May will get her deal through?

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Duh.  MPs will vote through an alternative.

Such as?

David Cleevely #FBPE‏ @DavidCleevely

With a heavy heart I have sent the first email laying the ground for moving manufacturing out of the UK because of Brexit and the tariff and certification problems it will cause. Real businesses. Real employment. Real taxes. Lost.

This is the geezer that runs the company that makes the Raspberry Pi