Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, trainspotter said:

Elsewhere in the article:

"They enjoy a sun-filled lifestyle in seaside towns, with breakfast menus featuring fry-ups instead of tortillas - and no Spanish required."

So, not trying to fit in with the locals* then.

*Mind you, they probably are the locals.

Or "those bloody immigrants " as the Spanish call them. 

22 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Hilarious that people fell for this sh*t hook line and sinker.

It isn't really though, is it.

It's very easy to see why folk could be easily persuaded by stuff like this. The target demographic for these kind of "lists" have been pre-conditioned to fear the EU for a long time.

18 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Brexit healthcare worries for Brits in Spain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47214093

"When I voted to leave I didn't think it would change anything for my rights to live here. We like it here and we don't want to go back but if I don't get my pension we might not have a choice."

Ha ha haaaaaaa.

O for a Spanish Harold Shipman.

1 hour ago, zidane's child said:

"We will agree paying to move British industry to new EU Countries"

Brexit will cause that m9.

That is a fair point.

The UK government gives money to Poland and Slovakia via the EU. Poland and Slovakia have given money to Kraft (Cadbury) and Tata (Jaguar) to move production out of the UK. The only winners are the multinational corporations.

That is a fair point.
The UK government gives money to Poland and Slovakia via the EU. Poland and Slovakia have given money to Kraft (Cadbury) and Tata (Jaguar) to move production out of the UK. The only winners are the multinational corporations.
Redistribution of wealth?

Seems like a good idea

I see Gavin Williamson has cost us a trade deal with china, oh these smooth political operators will make everything alright.
This guys completely out of his depth getting on a bus never mind being a front bench politician.

Grade A politicians are disappearing to not be replaced by people of the same quality. Say what you want about Ken Clarke, a serious politician who knows what he is talking about and knows how to talk.

Kier Starmer comes across as knowing what he is talking about but is clearly held back by Corbyn.

Similar with Holyrood as well. Salmond and Swinney were miles ahead of everyone else at the time. Derek Mackay needs taxpayers money to go on a speaking course. Doubt Swinney needed that.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I see Gavin Williamson has cost us a trade deal with china, oh these smooth political operators will make everything alright.

MOD are claiming his speech was approved by No10 before he made it. Mindboggling if so, unless May wants an excuse to get rid of the dangerous fool. Apparently he's trying to add £100 million to the cost of the Parliament refurbishment so he can have continual access to a nuclear bunker under the MOD car park, or something like that.

Edited by welshbairn

10 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

This guys completely out of his depth getting on a bus never mind being a front bench politician.

Grade A politicians are disappearing to not be replaced by people of the same quality. Say what you want about Ken Clarke, a serious politician who knows what he is talking about and knows how to talk.

Kier Starmer comes across as knowing what he is talking about but is clearly held back by Corbyn.

Similar with Holyrood as well. Salmond and Swinney were miles ahead of everyone else at the time. Derek Mackay needs taxpayers money to go on a speaking course. Doubt Swinney needed that.

Mackay is sharper than Swinney IMHO, Swinney can hardly stand on his feet at times never mind think on  them.

Anna Soubry withdrawing her Ammendment - the Tories are all going to fall in line behind May again aren't they?

Government has agreed to meet to identify and then publish the relevant papers detailing the devastating effect a #NoDeal #Brexit will have on business’s and trade. No need to push my amendment to a vote & if Govt does none of the above I’ll be back on Feb 27 ...

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Like Soubry would ever actually stand behind her woke words. She got her twitter numbers, that's all she was after.

Someone phrased it well the other day - the eurosceptics will have no hesitation in fucking over May, the europhiles just won't.

It was a bit of a pointless amendment, the Treasury have already said No Deal would be disastrous. Interesting that more than 20 Labour MP's defied Corbyn's whip to abstain on the SNP amendment to extend A50. It's Labour policy anyway, childish party politics will take us over the cliff.