Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I see Ford are making noises about pulling out if its a no deal as well, I work in the aircraft industry and the same noises getting said there as well in regards to Airbus stuff, getting pretty close to home now.

Im sorry to hear you may be impacted, im pretty sure Airbus have been pretty open that they will leave the UK in the event of no deal.

I see Ford are making noises about pulling out if its a no deal as well, I work in the aircraft industry and the same noises getting said there as well in regards to Airbus stuff, getting pretty close to home now.
I used to work in the aircraft industry and am interested as to what will happen with, say, certified stress engineers who sign off work in accordance with EASA regulations.

26 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
1 hour ago, Killie87 said:

I used to work in the aircraft industry and am interested as to what will happen with, say, certified stress engineers who sign off work in accordance with EASA regulations.

Government guidance on aviation after Brexit -

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prepare-to-work-and-operate-in-the-european-aviation-sector-after-brexit

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The Telegraph has obviously always been right wing but it used to mainly confine bias to the comment and leader pages, and took pride in being a paper of record for straight news. They don't even try anymore, here's 2 reports of the same speech, first the FT.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/feb/17/peter-oborne-telegraph-hsbc-coverage-fraud-readers

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/16/jeremy-corbyn-knew-spy-cold-war-source-says-czech-diplomat/

The only thing you can take at face value in that rag is the cricket and rugby coverage.

Looks like several more weeks of absolutely nothing happening then (other than the EU continuing to say that they won't renegotiate the backstop). Also, a chance that she won't allow a vote on her deal again until deep into March, by which point it remains her deal or no deal. 

Might be that enough Tories get on board with her deal at that stage to outnumber the ERG and DUP to sneak it over the line.

Other than that....nothing to see here until around March 22nd by the looks of it.

The 'vote' on Feb 26th if it even goes ahead will just surely be more of the same.....she asks for an extension of time to renegotiate, enough Tories vote that through, meanwhile amendments such as an Extension to Article 50 are voted down...just a rerun of a couple of weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Blue-Toon said:

This is seriously hilarious.  This term is used throughout the document: “personnel working in the aviation industry may need to take action to ensure...”.

So if we crash out on 29 March I assume there won’t be any flights or other activity over that weekend but everything will be ready for April Fools Day!

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The Telegraph has obviously always been right wing but it used to mainly confine bias to the comment and leader pages, and took pride in being a paper of record for straight news. They don't even try anymore, here's 2 reports of the same speech, first the FT.

DzPglxiXgAcvdIz.jpg

DzPglxrX4AAkwKI.jpg

He should try shagging instead of fighting.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

DzPglxiXgAcvdIz.jpg

DzPglxrX4AAkwKI.jpg

The Telegraph has always been on a certain planet.

Which one are you on..?

8 minutes ago, beefybake said:

The Telegraph has always been on a certain planet.

Which one are you on..?

I'm probably a bit older than you so can remember the Telegraph before the seriously weird Barclay twins bought it. It's always been right wing but its straight news coverage used to make some effort at neutrality. That's gone out of the window, increasingly so in the the last few years. It's as much a propaganda rag as the National these days.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Ah, those dastardly Russkies are at it again.

Jeremy Corbyn in cold war spy scandal!

That compares with their devious plan to destroy Scottish football from within by getting "their man" appointed assistant groundskeeper at Stenhousemuir.

Who knows actually.  If it hadn't been for that suspicious win against Aberdeen, maybe he would have gone unnoticed and still be there now!

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Brexit healthcare worries for Brits in Spain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47214093

"When I voted to leave I didn't think it would change anything for my rights to live here. We like it here and we don't want to go back but if I don't get my pension we might not have a choice."

Ha ha haaaaaaa.

I want her to be sent home very much-
Image result for please happen gif

26 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

"When I voted to leave I didn't think it would change anything for my rights to live here. We like it here and we don't want to go back but if I don't get my pension we might not have a choice."

Ha ha haaaaaaa.

Brilliant! Get it f**king round you, you stupid b**tard.

A turkey voting for Xmas.

26 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I want her to be sent home very much-

Why should anyone in the UK pay for the healthcare costs of yet more babyboomer morons? Deport them to Ceuta or one of the other Spanish holding cells in North Africa and let them rot. 

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Ha ha haaaaaaa.

The country's fucking full, they're not coming back here.