Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Liam Fox has done a thing and has managed to strike an agreement with Switzerland to maintain trade post-Brexit as it is currently under the EU. Our most significant trade agreement so far - credit where it’s due.

Anyone know if there’s a way to keep trade exactly as it is with other countries in Europe?

Liam Fox has done a thing and has managed to strike an agreement with Switzerland to maintain trade post-Brexit as it is currently under the EU. Our most significant trade agreement so far - credit where it’s due.

Anyone know if there’s a way to keep trade exactly as it is with other countries in Europe?
Switzerland isn't in EU, any deal with an EU country would have to be agreed by all 27. You raise a good point but it isn't easy to strike an as is deal quickly as that would give rise to other countries wanting to leave. It's politics

Different slants in the MSM today regarding May’s response to Corbyn’s proposal.

Corbyn better be careful he doesn’t get sucked into to assisting May run down the clock further.

Unless she accepts up front the need for a CU he should just ignore her.*

* I don’t think his offer is good but I can understand the politicking; he just has to make sure he’s playing her and she’s not playing him.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Different slants in the MSM today regarding May’s response to Corbyn’s proposal.

Corbyn better be careful he doesn’t get sucked into to assisting May run down the clock further.

Unless she accepts up front the need for a CU he should just ignore her.*

* I don’t think his offer is good but I can understand the politicking; he just has to make sure he’s playing her and she’s not playing him.

Did Corbyn mention anything about Free Movement of People as part of the CU agreement with the EU? 

5 hours ago, Paco said:

I'm not 100% on this but I think I may have stumbled upon the very core of a solution....

Would it include the word "remain"?

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Did Corbyn mention anything about Free Movement of People as part of the CU agreement with the EU? 

No, he’s pretty much against that.

Whilst the EU claim that they are ‘encouraged’ by Corbyn’s position anything less than what we have at the moment through the CU and SM including the ‘four freedoms’ will result in a lesser deal.  

We will also have no/less influence on policy.

I seem to recall a couple of days ago, on some news channel that...

smaller countries were complaining that Fox and Co were saying to them that if they wanted to trade

with Britain, then they'd have to sign up to grossly one sided trade arrangements.

I don't think I imagined this, but I've seen and heard nothing further on this.

Anyone know any more about it..., or...?

I seem to recall a couple of days ago, on some news channel that...
smaller countries were complaining that Fox and Co were saying to them that if they wanted to trade
with Britain, then they'd have to sign up to grossly one sided trade arrangements.
I don't think I imagined this, but I've seen and heard nothing further on this.
Anyone know any more about it..., or...?

Was he saying the trade deals would be the ‘easiest in human history’ to get?

There might be an issue there.