Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I would love the EU to confirm today that the WA will not be renegotiated.  I am pretty sure that will happen.

I would also love it if they reaffirmed that an extension to A50 will only be agreed if their is good reason - a GE or second referendum.  Sadly I don’t see them doing this.

I am also delighted that Bercow is in the chair during this; it could make a massive difference to the outcome.

That's just what has happened.

And rightly so.

Fair amount of Brexitphiles banging on about how we would all be talking German if we hadn't won the war.

Can someone explain why everyone in Germany, Japan and Italy don't all speak english?

After all "we" won the war.

Edited by Romeo

Until recently I thought Brexit had the potential to cause severe splits in the Tory Party and give Labour a big advantage; an advantage they could take despite the hostility the MSM and right wing Labour MPs have for Corbyn.

Whilst severe Tory divisions are still possible I now reckon that the splits in Labour a potentially far greater and will have a far longer lasting affect.

Corbyn is betraying the overwhelming majority of Labour members and Labour voters and he will not be forgiven for it.  I’m sceptical about a split in the Labour Party but I see the left/right battles re-emerging with many of the newer members who joined to support Corbyn letting their memberships lapse.

As someone who always wanted to see a genuine left-of-centre Labour Party I find that frustrating and disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Fair amount of Brexitphiles banging on about how we would al be talking German if we hadn't won the war.

Can someone explain why everyone in Germany, Japan and Italy don't all speak english?

After all "we" won the war.

Lots of them do.  

But I don’t think it’s anything to do with the war.

53 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

For over two years the EU has had to become embroiled with one member state which has narrowly voted to leave but which seems to think it can dictate the terms of its departure to twenty seven other member states.  And all the while they have been forced to negotiate with a weak, vacillating, stubborn Prime Minister and a procession of hapless Ministers charged with ensuring an orderly process.  Arrogance, bravado and ignorance course thro British political life in equal measure.

Now we have talk in the UK of martial law, the evacuation of the House of Windsor, medical and food shortages, and on and on.

And you fire a cheap shot at Donald Tusk - they should be nominating him for a knighthood for his honesty.

They need us more than we need them. Why should Brussels tell us what to do? This is why we voted OUT. Who won the fucking war?

45 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

For over two years the EU has had to become embroiled with one member state which has narrowly voted to leave but which seems to think it can dictate the terms of its departure to twenty seven other member states.  And all the while they have been forced to negotiate with a weak, vacillating, stubborn Prime Minister and a procession of hapless Ministers charged with ensuring an orderly process.  Arrogance, bravado and ignorance course through  British political life in equal measure.

Now we have talk in the UK of martial law, the evacuation of the House of Windsor, medical and food shortages, and on and on.

And you fire a cheap shot at Donald Tusk - they should be nominating him for a knighthood for his honesty.

Dictating the terms of leaving  is the bit I've never really understood.  We are leaving their club.

It's their club, their rules and we were signed up and committed to them.  So now we dictate the terms under which we leave?   If I'm being incredibly thick here and missing something glaringly obvious, please don't take the piss, just calmly  explain in simple terms what that is. 

As for the arrogance, bravado etc, that's never going to change. 

May going over there and coming back with nothing. What a waste of time.

Although Laura Kuenssberg puts some incredible spin  on it saying  "whatever else happens today even a promise to have more talks means technically at least, the PM won't go home empty handed later"

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Although Laura Kuenssberg puts some incredible spin  on it saying  "whatever else happens today even a promise to have more talks means technically at least, the PM won't go home empty handed later"

At what point will May stop battering her head against  a wall?

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

4 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Kuenssberg is Tory arse licker.  Sky’s Beth Rigsby is far more objective.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Kuenssberg is Tory arse licker.  Sky’s Beth Rigsby is far more objective.

I always thought she was Labour given her father is a Labour donor. But she comes across as a Tory I have to say. Maybe she's a Blairite which is pretty much the same thing 

I heard that the UK government is currently passing legislation to re-introduce mobile roaming charges  in Europe.

Does anyone know anything about this or the best place to look for verification? I found nothing with a quick search.

Edit        Ignore me, I found it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/mobile-roaming-if-theres-no-brexit-deal/mobile-roaming-if-theres-no-brexit-deal

Edited by cyderspaceman