Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Seems the mood is changing in the EU. Probably taken to the limit of what patience they had left. 

I also see Mary Lou McDonald has said May will have to make preparations for a border poll straight away if there  hard Brexit as per the Good Friday Agreement. 

Things hotting up now.... maybe that's why Tusk quoted Dante.. 

2 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Donald Tusk isn't criticising all Brexiteers and all Leave voters - only those had absolutely no idea how they would implement the whole thing.

Which - by sheer coincidence - is all of them.

You're about as idiotically misleading as the BBC are on this.

Apparently it's all part of the Masterplan! :wacko:

Microphone at end of press statements, picked Varadkar speaking to Tusk "They'll give you terrible trouble, the British, for this," he said. Tusk nodded and laughed.

11 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Seems the mood is changing in the EU. Probably taken to the limit of what patience they had left. 

I also see Mary Lou McDonald has said May will have to make preparations for a border poll straight away if there  hard Brexit as per the Good Friday Agreement. 

Things hotting up now.... maybe that's why Tusk quoted Dante.. 

The EU have spent over two years dealing with something that they never wanted.  They are now being asked to go through a charade of May rejecting what she has already agreed with them and asking again for something both sides know she won’t get.

I am surprised that their patience has not snapped before now.

It would not surprise me if some more pointed remarks come from Junker et al before this whole fiasco is over.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The EU have spent over two years dealing with something that they never wanted.  They are now being asked to go through a charade of May rejecting what she has already agreed with them and asking again for something both sides know she won’t get.

I am surprised that their patience has not snapped before now.

It would not surprise me if some more pointed remarks come from Junker et al before this whole fiasco is over.

You almost get the feeling the EU have accepted there just isn't a solution to this and all there is left is a no deal Brexit

10 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Worrying that a lot of these cretins once Ireland is united, will come 'home' to Scotland. 

You're welcome

Obviously a killing to be made in the property market on both sides of the North Channel, then...

56% (of those who voted) of NI voted remain. They weren't all nationalists/republicans.

Edited by Jacksgranda

18 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Worrying that a lot of these cretins once Ireland is united, will come 'home' to Scotland. 

Better get that independence referendum fired up sharpish. 

That's the future. Arlene Foster and Sammy Wilson move to Scotland after Ireland unites. They join the Tories and Foster takes over from Ruth Davidson and Wilson takes over from Jackson Carlaw in the Scottish parliament 

Even by Sammy Wilson's standards, that's pure :1eye

I was listening to Mike Nesbitt recently talking about a few things, including but not limited to Brexit and Irish reunification, and I thought he came across as sensible, reasonable and conciliatory. It seems to me that Northern Irish unionism would benefit in the longer term from more of him and fewer Wilson types.

32 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This is a very very very bad move by Tusk

As much as I agree with his comments re. around Brexiteers not having a solid plan in place and assuming the negotiation would have been easy.

This will only rile your gammon types and will only reinforce their desire to leave.

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Even by Sammy Wilson's standards, that's pure :1eye

I was listening to Mike Nesbitt recently talking about a few things, including but not limited to Brexit and Irish reunification, and I thought he came across as sensible, reasonable and conciliatory. It seems to me that Northern Irish unionism would benefit in the longer term from more of him and fewer Wilson types.

He had his chance and f***** it up. The UUP will never make a come back electorally, imho.