Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Ah, the good old Blighty spirit so well portrayed by them cockney geezers down the tube. Why wouldn't they love their government?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/bethnal-green-tube-disaster-75-years-anniversary-173-victims-second-world-war-nazi-bombing-memorial-a8217306.html

And then there's this patriotic little story I spotted in the Churchill War Rooms...the second image is the blow-up of the second para in the first image.

V1 Treachery on Eastenders   5c56eeabc5aae_V1RocketbetrayaltoEastenders2.thumb.jpg.d9066679926b2ec45f66d8268864f7d4.jpg

It's funny you mention London here...I think everyone will find that we've been here before with Brexit, thus:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passport_to_Pimlico

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Sky ‘journalist’ earlier on claiming to the local MP that she knew what the MP’s constituents wanted because she had spoken to ‘a lot of them this morning’.

Eeny-Meeny-Miney-Mo = 1, 2, 3, Lots.

She spoke to four people.

20 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I'm sure the Irish will be all over this.Screenshot_20190203-165955.jpg

As much as I am pissing myself laughing at seeing this, it gives you a great insight into the delusional minds of the stupid fuckwits who still believe that Britannia rules the waves.

"Part of the Family" :lol:

Results were not declared by constituency. 
With your logic why is Kate Hoey not voting against Brexit?

Moreover, there has been a General Election since the 2016 vote - that surely takes precedence over any advisory Heinz 57 Leave vote?

The problem is the two main parties both campaigned on an acceptance of the vote and both, afaik, increased their vote.

Liam Fox in the Irish Independent on a border and a Hard Brexit.

Mr Fox this morning said: “Are they really saying that they would rather not negotiate and end up in a no-deal position? “
He claimed this “seems to me quite irresponsible”.

These Leave fuds are unreal. They create the mess then blame everyone else but themselves.

6 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That's not why nobody voted for him. They didn't vote for him because he's an obnoxious tory arsehole.

He was at school around the same time as me in the 60s and his local election leaflet was all about taking Independence off  the table and blaming the Scottish Government for letting the Airdrie savings bank shut down. I can't vouch for any Orange connections to him as he only appeared in the local Unionist Conservatives after 2014. He managed to scrape in via the STV system.  He reminds me of Annie Wells's rise to prominence. I suspect those folks I know in the local Orange circles probably did vote for such  a candidate given their "unionist" positions. Why he wants to deny their support is similar to the time when "Better Together" would not let the Order officially join.  As to hard up labour giving out £500 I reserve my judgement till I know a bit more.

37 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The problem is the two main parties both campaigned on an acceptance of the vote and both, afaik, increased their vote.

And voted to declare A50 before they had a clue what the objective was. Corbyn was even slagging May off for being too chicken to declare it earlier. The most deluded idea is that Labour can somehow offload the responsibility of a crash Brexit on the Tories while they do nothing to stop it.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

I'm sure the Irish will be all over this.Screenshot_20190203-165955.jpg

If this was a valid proposition (and personally I don't think it is) then the people in the Republic of Ireland would rightly say that they should get to vote on being in the EU or not and their votes should be added to the total.

We are constantly told that there is widespread support in the Republic for the EU.
Add those votes into the pot.
Suddenly the total votes for UK and the Republic combined swings behind Remain.

Since collectively we decided to Remain, Brexit is cancelled.  The Republic then decides there is no need to be part of the UK after all.

It almost sounds like a plan.

11 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

It almost sounds like a plan.

Almost, until you remember that the UK Government along with Labour want a hard no-deal brexit and would never allow the country they once tried to starve to death to get in the way of their agenda.

And voted to declare A50 before they had a clue what the objective was. Corbyn was even slagging May off for being too chicken to declare it earlier. The most deluded idea is that Labour can somehow offload the responsibility of a crash Brexit on the Tories while they do nothing to stop it.
I can't help thinking that if only we had James Kelly as UK Labour leader rather than Corbyn, things might be just as bad but at least we'd get a laugh.