Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I know from my own work experience that when you don't know what someone does, it is very easy to convince yourself that they do nothing.
I suspect that a lot of Leave voters have the same attitude to the EU.
"I don't know what they do therefore they do nothing."

I recall one colleague at the first job I ever had.  He was made redundant.  I remember going to his leaving do.  Four days later, he was back.  "Now they know what I do," he said.

54 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I know from my own work experience that when you don't know what someone does, it is very easy to convince yourself that they do nothing.

I recall one colleague at the first job I ever had.  He was made redundant.  I remember going to his leaving do.  Four days later, he was back.  "Now they know what I do," he said.

Image result for i have a very particular set of skills

10 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

As has already been asked, what is this fudged deal ?  If the EU stands firm as I expect it will, then no amount of semantic embroidery will alter the core problem of the Irish backstop.  And if the political journalist mentioned above does her homework she'll find that the EU has a very good record indeed of penalty shoot-outs with member states.

The only surprise in all of this is that May and her advisers still seem to believe that the deal she negotiated can be altered. 

I think the EU will cave. The alternative of No Deal would force them to impose a hard border in Ireland to protect the Single Market, the very thing the backstop is meant to prevent. The spineless MPs have failed to come up with a majority for anything else. 

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Cuntsberg trying to justify the Labour shitebags.  She’s a despicable individual.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47080553

Shocking indeed, my own view is that if these people are acting alone and only in it for themselves and their own patch, then they should be standing as independents as opposed to under the banner of any political party.

Of course the reality is that most are only in it for themselves and they also know that without the power of the banner behind them they would have little to no chance of being elected.

We always knew it was corrupt, however we've reached a point where they don't even bother hiding it anymore and that really says it all for me.............

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Shocking indeed, my own view is that if these people are acting alone and only in it for themselves and their own patch, then they should be standing as independents as opposed to under the banner of any political party.

Of course the reality is that most are only in it for themselves and they also know that without the power of the banner behind them they would have little to no chance of being elected.

We always knew it was corrupt, however we've reached a point where they don't even bother hiding it anymore and that really says it all for me.............

Looks like all those who defied the Labour Whip over the Brexit votes are getting off free.

If/when it comes to the crunch votes it will be interesting to see if there is the same level of dissent and, if so, the backlash.

The only thing I take comfort from is support for the non/binding Spelman-Dromey amendment.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Looks like all those who defied the Labour Whip over the Brexit votes are getting off free.

If/when it comes to the crunch votes it will be interesting to see if there is the same level of dissent and, if so, the backlash.

The only thing I take comfort from is support for the non/binding Spelman-Dromey amendment.

They've got Corbyn where they want him, if he makes any move against them they'll all start squealing about momentum, antisemitism, bullying, etc, etc, etc.

Edited by WATTOO

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You're blaming the messenger for reporting a cynical world.

No, I am saying the messenger is injecting her own bias.

This isssue aside, do you think that reporters are totally objective and that everything they report on is done without any personal angle?

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No, I am saying the messenger is injecting her own bias.

This isssue aside, do you think that reporters are totally objective and that everything they report on is done without any personal angle?

I think Kuenssberg is as objective as they come. Without her we wouldn't know that the Government keeps a file full of of potential constituency bribes for individual MPs. 

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Sums up the job I am in, to an extent. Unless you work in this area, you don't really know it exists or what we do. Generally get a lot of colleagues who ignore us and pretend we aren't here, but as soon as something is wrong or missing at their end they are almost begging us to check if it is something involving a corporate action of some kind, because then we have to fix it and do their fucking jobs for them.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I think Kuenssberg is as objective as they come. Without her we wouldn't know that the Government keeps a file full of of potential constituency bribes for individual MPs. 

She’s a Theresa May arselicker.