Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

29 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

More than enough problems here in Englandshire without that lot.

I think they would be very comfortable around the Bridgeton area of Glasgow.

Unfortunately there's more than a grain of possibility there.

As an aside, I work next to a guy who has moved across here fairly recently from Belfast in a change of employment.  He reckons that the DUP now resemble the Boers, they are circling the wagons as everyone in Ulster is aware that the NI demographics are changing so quickly that the Unionist influence will rapidly diminish in tandem.  The DUP still commands a following in hardcore loyalist areas but a growing wave of younger people on both sides who have never known violence on a scale once commonplace will have no truck with the nutters.  He also thinks however, that anyone extrapolating a fast-track to a united Ireland as a result of Brexit may be disappointed.

Interesting but depressing reading.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/30/it-is-terrible-but-i-still-want-it-crewe-voters-size-up-no-deal-brexit

I hope the CLP of the Labour dissenters in Westminster give them a hard time.

It's important to remember that the people voted for Brexit.
Therefore, despite the whole thing coming about because of division in the Tory party, the incompetence of negotiators such as Davies, Raab, and May herself, the uselessness of the opposition under Corbyn, and the total lack of any credible plan going forward, this is not the fault of the politicians.
We will forever be reminded that the people voted for it, so it's their fault.
Which Heinz 57 varieties of Brexit did they vote for though?

We constantly get told Leave means Leave but they can't actually agree what it means.

10 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

There is literally no way the 2 burds in the middle are Leavers.

brexit-vote-protesters-23.jpg

Leavers are all angry, obese, racist gimps and then there's the men.

The one on the right got lost on her way to a costume party as 1980s Princess Di. 

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

As an aside, I work next to a guy who has moved across here fairly recently from Belfast in a change of employment.  He reckons that the DUP now resemble the Boers, they are circling the wagons as everyone in Ulster is aware that the NI demographics are changing so quickly that the Unionist influence will rapidly diminish in tandem.  The DUP still commands a following in hardcore loyalist areas but a growing wave of younger people on both sides who have never known violence on a scale once commonplace will have no truck with the nutters.  He also thinks however, that anyone extrapolating a fast-track to a united Ireland as a result of Brexit may be disappointed.

So he's thinking  . . . maybe aye . . . maybe no?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/30/it-is-terrible-but-i-still-want-it-crewe-voters-size-up-no-deal-brexit

Leave out the 'interesting'. It's just depressing.

2 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

You'd never believe that the phrase 'The Mother Of All Parliaments' was coined by an English MP. Apparently the statement was, and was very surprisingly, prefixed by the word 'England'.

John Bright MP said this and he intended it to be sarcastic – sadly that was quickly lost amidst the imperial chauvinism of Britain.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Deselect the b*****d.

'What Is The Point Of Labour' for this pish...

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That's fucking bonkers. Are they going out to interview people with mental health disorders? I genuinely can't think of any other explanation without coming to the depressing conclusion that the UK, particularly England is simply become a pathetic and racist shitpit. 

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Which Heinz 57 varieties of Brexit did they vote for though?

We constantly get told Leave means Leave but they can't actually agree what it means.

Doesn't matter, this is the Brexit people voted for. The will of the people.

They need us more than we need them, etc.

17 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

That's fucking bonkers. Are they going out to interview people with mental health disorders? I genuinely can't think of any other explanation without coming to the depressing conclusion that the UK, particularly England is simply become a pathetic and racist shitpit. 

They (BBC) went to Mansfield (70% leave) the other night to interview your usual range of older fat ruddy cheeked xenophobes and racists siting drinking pints of warm piss.  There was one, youngish mum who said she have never voted in an election in her life before but her big brother and dad told her to vote because it was really important for immigration.  The young lassie was pretty despondent now as she said it’s all been a big pack of lies and that she had wished she had voted remain but felt pressured by her family.

Vulnerable young folk bullied into voting for something they know nothing about. Sounds all too familiar.

25 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

From the point that Trump announced his candidacy right up to now I have seen his supporters being interviewed and thought “what the f**k?”  

It’s depressing to see that same level of ignorance and stupidity on our doorstep.  

“Yeah it’s a stupid decision, yeah we’ve had 2 years to improve it, yeah it’s still crap despite that but I want to do it anyway” is not the thought process of a rational mind.

10 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Correct.