Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Reading about the American Civil War, there were numerous people who were keen on the idea because they thought it might liven things up.

Instead of which it deadened a lot of them down.

23 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The likes of yourself voting naw, brought us to this. Even if everybody in Scotland had voted remain, we'd still be where we are now. bQshDtu.png

Yeah! Of course it did. You certain an independent Scotland would be in the EU? Fantasy if you think that they would have just waltzed into EU.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Yeah! Of course it did. You certain an independent Scotland would be in the EU? Fantasy if you think that they would have just waltzed into EU.

More certain than I am if we vote NO in 2014 m8.

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Even more remarkable - the EU didn't ban smoking in pubs, we did, and we went decimal years before we joined the EEC.

This reminds me that my gran voted Yes in 2014 because 'Scotland has to pay 5p for plastic carrier bags and England doesn't'. I gave her a lift to the polling station before she had a chance to find out why. 

3 minutes ago, alr said:

This reminds me that my gran voted Yes in 2014 because 'Scotland has to pay 5p for plastic carrier bags and England doesn't'. I gave her a lift to the polling station before she had a chance to find out why. 

That's somewhat similar to my experience as well. Except I told my gran that unless she voted YES, she'd be getting one of those 5p bags over her head. Whatever method works I suppose.

21 hours ago, zidane's child said:

For any LBC listeners, I do enjoy it when James O’Brien asks rabid Brexiteer callers to name one benefit of Brexit that we currently don’t have.

There are usually mumbled replies which consist of;

- Taking back control

- Our own trade deals

- Getting our country back

- Creating our own laws

All the usual bollocks.

Guy at work rang off 3 of those this morning when telling the canteen why he voted to leave.

I sat there in disbelief as I believed him to be sensible.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

Guy at work rang off 3 of those this morning when telling the canteen why he voted to leave.

I sat there in disbelief as I believed him to be sensible.

Did you explain to him that Scotland hasn't had control in over 300 years and those who control them the most, will now control them to an ever greater extent?

Edited by BawWatchin

Just now, BawWatchin said:

Did you explain to him that Scotland hasn't had control in over 300 years and those who control them the most, will now control them to an ever greater extent?

My head filled up with lines I was ready to hit him with but I overloaded and just sat there crying into my travel mug.

I couldn't be bothered saying anything as it wasn't even 8AM and when you start all that others just slink off.

There's a boy at my work who just repeats all the tabloid pish about it. He's said a few times that 'they should just get on with it!'.

I don't talk politics with anyone at work. The few times I've hears folk talk about it it's been utter pish, just robotically repeated lies.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's a boy at my work who just repeats all the tabloid pish about it. He's said a few times that 'they should just get on with it!'.

I don't talk politics with anyone at work. The few times I've hears folk talk about it it's been utter pish, just robotically repeated lies.

This ^^^^ times 1000

Asking what EU law needs changing should work, but they just say all of them and spin to taking back control. Or how they think we can get better trade deals with the leverage of a market of 60 million rather than 700 million, but they'd just say we wouldn't know until we tried. Logic doesn't trounce emotion.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Asking what EU law needs changing should work, but they just say all of them and spin to taking back control. Or how they think we can get better trade deals with the leverage of a market of 60 million rather than 700 million, but they'd just say we wouldn't know until we tried. Logic doesn't trounce emotion.

I would start with the VAT directive.

1 minute ago, strichener said:

I would start with the VAT directive.

Dropping that would enable discriminatory rates to prejudice certain imports in favour of slightly different domestic production, incompatible with a fair single market.  

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They need us more than we need them. We need to start telling Brussels what to do rather than the other way around. Who won the fucking war again?

41 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Dropping that would enable discriminatory rates to prejudice certain imports in favour of slightly different domestic production, incompatible with a fair single market.  

Even with the current directive, it is a floor that is set.  Countries are free to set it to any rate above the 15% floor.  Ask yourself why that floor isn't 0%.