Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

It's outrageous.  Only the other day, I was in the pub explaining how an acre can be easily defined as an area that is a furlong in length and a chain in width.
Seems straightforward enough to me.

By comparison, a hectare is 10,000 square metres.  How is anyone supposed to make sense of that! ;)

These Eurocrats.  Give them an inch and they take 2.54cm.  :angry:

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

It's outrageous.  Only the other day, I was in the pub explaining how an acre can be easily defined as an area that is a furlong in length and a chain in width.
Seems straightforward enough to me.

By comparison, a hectare is 10,000 square metres.  How is anyone supposed to make sense of that! ;)

216015.gif?b64lines=IFRoZSBtZXRyaWMgc3lzdGVtIGlzIHRoZQogdG9vbCBvZiB0aGUgZGV2aWwhIE15IGNhcgogZ2V0cyA0MCByb2RzIHRvIHRoZQogaG9nc2hlYWQgYW5kIHRoYXQncyB0aGUKIHdheSBJIGxpa2VzIGl0Lg==

Always nice to get reminded of this:

20170329-brexit-bring-backs.png

30% of people want to return to incandescent light bulbs? For what possible reason? It's a fucking light bulb. I can see the (misguided) reasoning for the rest of the things but I can think of literally no benefit to those light bulbs.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Just seen Mogg’s meeting.  The audience look like they would happily accept the introduction of serfdom if Mogg suggested it.

Craven twats.

The English like nothing better than a plutocrat to tell them what to do.

And Rangers fans. **** love it as well.

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think he's more "What the f**k, it might be a laugh." He's retired and lives on a narrowboat so he probably thinks he's immune.

Reading about the American Civil War, there were numerous people who were keen on the idea because they thought it might liven things up.

27 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

That’s remarkable that smoking in pubs and restaurants is only 11%. I wonder if it was just “smoking in pubs” how high the figure would be.

Even more remarkable - the EU didn't ban smoking in pubs, we did, and we went decimal years before we joined the EEC.

16 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Well. The likes of yourself voting for Brexit brought us to this.

The likes of yourself voting naw, brought us to this. Even if everybody in Scotland had voted remain, we'd still be where we are now. bQshDtu.png

40 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

That’s remarkable that smoking in pubs and restaurants is only 11%. I wonder if it was just “smoking in pubs” how high the figure would be.

That might just sway my vote in another referendum.

20 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Nope.

Here's a thing, for  all those pri cks shouting for no deal and WTO rules.

"There is only one country in the world which trades solely under WTO rules.  Mauritania.   For those not familiar with Mauritania, its GDP is under 5 billion dollars, (0.2% of the UK's) 50% of its exports consist of iron ore and slavery still exists."

Leavers wish to emulate this. I don't.

Not sure where the quote comes from but it is not correct.  Mauritania has a fisheries agreement with the EU so therefore they do not only trade on WTO terms.  Then again, neither would the UK for as soon as it made a single trade agreement (even just for a single product) it would fall outside of this very narrow definition.

The bottom line is that all nations use the WTO terms somewhere, no nation uses them everywhere.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Just seen Mogg’s meeting.  The audience look like they would happily accept the introduction of serfdom if Mogg suggested it.

That's precisely where some of us might be headed. 

Rees Moggs family money through the generations comes from their mine-owning interests in the former Somerset Coalfield. 

There's a story somewhere about a young assistant to a government minister during the General Strike of 1926, which began with 1.2 million miners

being locked out for refusing to accept wage cuts. 

After a fractious meeting with union leaders...., the assistant said to the minister... " What horrible,  loud people....".

Which brought the reply... " You haven't met the mine owners yet.". 

Edited by beefybake

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sky news giving coverage of Sturgeon’s interview after her meeting with May; BBC completely rubbering it.

BTW very impressive ad hoc interview; clear, concise, analytical.

What was said/discussed?