Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Corbyn repeatedly introducing VoC motions that he knows he will lose is as ridiculous as May repeatedly introducing her deal unchanged.

How the f**k did we get to this?

I liked Ian Blackford's response to May's statement, which he delivered forcibly, that Scotland has a means of getting out of this Brexit mess.

There is to be a three part documentary on Brexit.  David Cameron won’t be taking part as he has already signed an “exclusive deal for his memoirs”.

So he screws over the country in an attempt to protect the Conservative Party then makes money explaining how he screwed the country over.

5 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Or when Cavan, Monaghan & Donegal are returned to the North? emoji6.png

Difficult to return something to a geographical location they have never left. 

Maybe the UK will one day do the honourable thing and return all the wee bits of the world they have stolen over the years to their rightful owners. Places like Gibraltar, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland...

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46946413

A fine example of European cooperation. A German company buying up a British tank business.

I'm sure no-one on the Brexteer side will have a problem with this.

:whistle

Makes a change from them trying to blow them up, I suppose.

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s a joke that May is getting so many positive headlines about scrapping the £65 fee that she herself introduced.

The MSM are so easily dazzled by shiny things.

5Live had a guy on last night who was a journalist who has lived here for 6 years. They asked what his feelings on the fee being scrapped were. He welcomed that, but was confused by the fact that when he had attempted the application, it could find no proof he was a resident, despite him providing all the necessary evidence.

Doesn't seem to be much evidence of the "application" process being a shambles, all about how generous we are in not charging people.

Having done some contracting work for the Home Office/Immigration Service a few years back, I can only confirm that they're a complete mess, with teams doing basically the same job wanting totally different infrastructure and legislation which if they think is too similar to another team's will throw a huge strop and refuse to work with it.

It was an awful year dealing with that contract, so I doubt they've changed much since 2015/16.

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

There is to be a three part documentary on Brexit.  David Cameron won’t be taking part as he has already signed an “exclusive deal for his memoirs”.

So he screws over the country in an attempt to protect the Conservative Party then makes money explaining how he screwed the country over.

In years gone by he'd be executed for this, however in today's world he'll no doubt be knighted..................

Things are finally begining to move against May.  It looks like the 'reasonable' Tories are exasperated with her which is no surprise; she is acting like the massive defeat last week never happened.

After her defeat she said she wanted to have cross-party discussions but it quickly became obvious that she would not compromise on anything thus rendering such discussions meaningless; she obviously has no Plan B and intends to recycle Plan A; and she says she wants the EU to compromise on the backstop despite months of saying it was the best/only option on offer.

Her latest stance that she won't allow a free vote on amendments that will stop a No Deal Brexit is going to cause ructions.  Hopefully the wheels will come off soon.

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

Having done some contracting work for the Home Office/Immigration Service a few years back, I can only confirm that they're a complete mess, with teams doing basically the same job wanting totally different infrastructure and legislation which if they think is too similar to another team's will throw a huge strop and refuse to work with it.

It was an awful year dealing with that contract, so I doubt they've changed much since 2015/16.

I'll just add my tuppence worth here - a couple of years ago I was absolutely disgusted, but not a bit surprised, to find that the majority of NHS IT was still running under a version of Windows XP.

The reason I was unsurprised was that I have become inured, over twenty-plus years working for the HO and, latterly, MoJ, that large Governmental and Public sector agencies are massive cash cows for the IT business. The MoJ had to pay Microsoft a 7 figure sum for bespoke support as they decided hang onto windows 7 well past the date when microsoft are dropping this service. Our systems at work still use IE8 as the default browser.

As for hardware, well we rent(!) our equipment from a Private supplier. A 17" monitor costs us over £100 p.a. for the service contract and hire - a quick swatch at Amazon reveals a range of options (to actually own) from 18 to 22 inches at under £70, before we even think about bulk discounts. Considering the site where I work (a long way from the largest of the Queen's Hotel chain) has over three hundred screens, that is, as I believe the saying goes, a fúckload of public money being pissed up the wall.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Things are finally begining to move against May.  It looks like the 'reasonable' Tories are exasperated with her which is no surprise; she is acting like the massive defeat last week never happened.

After her defeat she said she wanted to have cross-party discussions but it quickly became obvious that she would not compromise on anything thus rendering such discussions meaningless; she obviously has no Plan B and intends to recycle Plan A; and she says she wants the EU to compromise on the backstop despite months of saying it was the best/only option on offer.

Her latest stance that she won't allow a free vote on amendments that will stop a No Deal Brexit is going to cause ructions.  Hopefully the wheels will come off soon.

I half wonder if some of the more moderate Tories are at risk of deselection already and that's forcing their hand. It's all game theory, people don't vote to end their careers but if it is the case anyway that a few have nothing to lose, they will bite.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It looks like the patience I counselled over Corbyn's "vagueness" is finally bearing fruit. The Labour Party is still in the position where they can frame new proposals which, while they will inevitably piss off a proportion of members and indeed voters, can hardly fail to stack up well against May's dictatorial nonsense which, having ignored all and any advice for over two years, she now has no option but to proceed with. She wanted to own Brexit. Well fúcking let her.

The EU have confirmed that they will enforce customs checks in Ireland in the event of No Deal which makes the back stop argument utterly futile.

It's now completely transparent that the back stop is merely meant to pressure the UK into Remain.

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

The Irish government have always avoided talking about it. You can't be saying that you are thinking about border checks while also saying border checks are unthinkable.

Image result for craggy island gifs