Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Apparently it is “extremely concerning” for democratically elected MPs to decide on the future of Brexit!
I am really struggling to understand what there is to be concerned about.  If MPs are not going to decided who is?

Ra Peepul.

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Apparently it is “extremely concerning” for democratically elected MPs to decide on the future of Brexit!

I am really struggling to understand what there is to be concerned about.  If MPs are not going to decided who is?

If Gina Miller had not insisted that MPs have a say in matters, there would not have been a vote last week and May's deal would now be happening,

How naive!
They are not ‘Corbyn fandans’ they are trolls.  They don’t believe what they post, they are simply posting contrarian opinions* to get a reaction.  I’m astounded that you don’t see this; or maybe you do and decided to facilitate them anyway.
* If you’re in any doubt just look at the shite that they post in other threads on the politics forum.  Every position is contrary to the norm.
Quite, this should be a safe place for normals, free from contrary vile opinions.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
How naive!
They are not ‘Corbyn fandans’ they are trolls.  They don’t believe what they post, they are simply posting contrarian opinions* to get a reaction.  I’m astounded that you don’t see this; or maybe you do and decided to facilitate them anyway.
* If you’re in any doubt just look at the shite that they post in other threads on the politics forum.  Every position is contrary to the norm.

Quite, this should be a safe place for normals, free from contrary vile opinions.

Oh Normals.  That makes sense now.  I was going to ask "Who's Norman?"

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
How naive!

That’s not what I said; it’s not even close.  But you carry on.

I was listening to Bertie Ahern on Inside Politics yesterday (BBC Radio Ulster). Thought he was quite reasonable. One of his suggestions was voting on all the various scenarios in Parliament to see which commanded the most support, and taking that to the EU. Seemed a sensible idea to me. Of course, it was immediately pooh poohed by Theresa Villers.

Fox was interesting this morning on Matt's show. Furiously peddling a 'contract with the people line' when he knows full well that the national mood is shifting by the minute.

'Just sign here you b*****ds !' seems to be his message.
Terrified his trade jaunts to the Seychelles will stop if we join a Customs Union. He hasn't signed a single deal with 3rd countries so EU terms will carry on till we negotiate proper trade deals after a hard brexit.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
39 minutes ago, O said:
Fox was interesting this morning on Matt's show. Furiously peddling a 'contract with the people line' when he knows full well that the national mood is shifting by the minute.

EU terms will carry on till we negotiate proper trade deals after a hard brexit.

We won't be in the EU so how can EU terms apply?

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Apparently on his call with business leaders Hammond was basically getting told what to do by the heads of Tesco and Amazon UK.

At least back in the 19th century it was companies that produced value who called the shots not companies that distribute tat.

I quite like Tesco's steak pies.  

The other lot ?  Tax evading lowlifes.., they can gtf.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

He comes across like a guy who's seen more brown envelopes than Harry Redknapp's dug.

Spoiler

872671.gif?b64lines=SXQgd29ya3Mgb24gc28KIG1hbnkgbGV2ZWxzLg==

According to a few journalists Mayhem is basically going to try get her old deal through with the backstop removed.  This from @RaynerSkyNews; Cabinet source confirms the PM intends to focus all efforts on winning over the DUP & Tory rebels by aiming to "remove the backstop". Concluded cross-party efforts will not work because "Labour support isn't solid enough".

Edited by dirty dingus

3 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

According to a few journalists Mayhem is basically going to try get her old deal through with the backstop removed.  

She might get that past parliament but it’s not going to be agreed by the EU27.