Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Corbyn is still shouting for a general election. He really is a prime simpleton

You’re worse; you can’t even change the thread title.

I’m proposing a vote of no confidence in you.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Persisting with something which is shown daily to be wildly inappropriate and out of date is the most suitable Brexit Thread title possible imo

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I totally agree but the intention of one or the other would need to be up front.  The EU27 have said that they would not allow an extension just so there can be more talks.  I don’t blame them, this is 30 months+ ffs.

The same length of time it took to negotiate our entry, when there were only 6 to deal with. (Excluding any work done on the two failed applications.)

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You'll win!

I'm open to listening to both sides. Bribes er Proposals in a brown envelope, please.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I totally agree but the intention of one or the other would need to be up front.  The EU27 have said that they would not allow an extension just so there can be more talks.  I don’t blame them, this is 30 months+ ffs.

I agree with their stance on extending just for more talks but I think the EU are pragmatic and Parliament taking over control would be a sizable shift in proceedings. I expect they would allow an extension, possibly even for more talks, if they are talking to different people who have more willingness to find a fully workable solution (i.e fewer red-lines and wanting something closer to BINO).

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

I agree with their stance on extending just for more talks but I think the EU are pragmatic and Parliament taking over control would be a sizable shift in proceedings. I expect they would allow an extension, possibly even for more talks, if they are talking to different people who have more willingness to find a fully workable solution (i.e fewer red-lines and wanting something closer to BINO).

Yeah I think we’re agreeing on this.

Corbyn answering questions in Hastings.

Q: You got a big round of applause here when you mentioned a second referendum. If there were a second referendum, how would you vote?

Corbyn says he has been quite clear about party policy is.

He says, if there were a referendum, the party would have to decide what its position was.

29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If we were to take a step back and imagine that it was a nation like Portugal that wanted to leave, imagine what our government's collective attitude would be. 

Would probably undoubtedly be "stop wasting our time and f*** off.  Who gives a toss about your Spanish border, it's you that wants to leave but moronically never thought this through properly.  Take the overly generous offer or shut the f*** up as we've got better things to do" etc etc.   But of course, we're a worthy exception.  Rule Britannia.

Edited by Hedgecutter

11 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Persisting with something which is shown daily to be wildly inappropriate and out of date is the most suitable Brexit Thread title possible imo

Contrarian!  Jacob Rees Miguel.

58 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In the past the EU27 have said that only a GE or second referendum would justify A50 extension but they might compromise if Parliament seizes control of the process.

In terms of seeing sanity prevail I think the EU would be much more flexible than the UK Government; that's not the same however as saying that they'll relax their negotiating stance - far from it.  May came back from Brussels waving her piece of paper and Parliament ripped it up; despite what the flat-earther wing of the Tory Party may claim the next move is now firmly up to her. 

Glad he cleared that up.  Now everybody is aware.

Well it puts him ahead of May on the question answering count. I don’t May has ever actually given an answer to any question she’s ever been asked, not in Westminster anyway.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Glad he cleared that up.  Now everybody is aware.

"Look.  We would definitely decide whether we should discuss our position regarding a discussion on whether or not we should indicate an opinion on how to proceed with important matters of the days which may or may not include our relationship with the EU if that is what we decide to do.  I thought I explained this all already."

34 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

If we were to take a step back and imagine that it was a nation like Portugal that wanted to leave, imagine what our government's collective attitude would be. 

Would probably undoubtedly be "stop wasting our time and f*** off.  Who gives a toss about your Spanish border, it's you that wants to leave but moronically never thought this through properly.  Take the overly generous offer or shut the f*** up as we've got better things to do" etc etc.   But of course, we're a worthy exception.  Rule Britannia.

or "where's Portugal?"

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's a bit ingenuous I think, the only way of ruling out No Deal is revoking Article 50. 

May could rule it out as an option shes willing to consider. As it is, it looks as though, given the timewasting and refusal to even rule it out as a consideration, that no deal is perhaps what they are aiming for.