Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

10 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
13 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I can't believe the Times and the Mail have printed an anti-Corbyn headline. I'm certain they would have reported how duplicitous May has been just hours after pledging a fresh start if Corbyn had showed up. Corbyn's major error today hasn't been this utterly insignificant snub, it's calling the vote in the first place.

Hitting all the news channels too. He's a soundbite junky who has no plan, no direction and no leadership qualities. He's dreadful.

It started on the BBC with Theresa May hijacking a formal statement to attack the opposition. If nobody but Stephen Bush appears to have an issue with that then I'm not sure what anyone else is meant to do. There's a long list of good things that Labour intend to do and the press reform is one of the main ones. I genuinely wonder how a post-indy Scotland would approach it's media climate.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Agreed. Going by that and the George Osborne one it must be pure as f**k down Westminster way.

Quaaludes definitely still exist, you just have to have seriously good connections. Westminster politicians and Donald Trump prove this.

Any opinion on Corbyn's approach, policies, statements, whatever needs to consider if he is actually calling the shots, or is the hand of Seaumas Milne working him from behind.

If it's the former then the men in grey donkey jackets need a stern word in his ear, and if it's the latter then Milne needs to be replaced by someone possessing political acumen.

34 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Assume it’s this one you mean? Got it from twitter.

The woman in the yellow top sitting next to her gave a great speech, a litany of one after another of her constituents being shafted by the Tory party.

I love the Seamus Milne conspiracies. I think my favourite one was when centrists tried to suggest he'd personally commissioned Osama bin Laden for Comment is Free.
Just to be clear, are you suggesting my post represents a 'Milne conspiracy' ? I don't think you need to be a centrist (I'm to the left of that) to question Corbyn's strategy and suggest that Milne may be influencing it.

Yesterday on the television, I caught a glimpse of a program called "Rip-off Britain" presented by Angela Rippon and others.

One story was a man who wanted to book a family holiday.  He found a website that showed him a big house in the country - it looked like a palace.  You could almost imagine a butler coming out to greet you.  He booked it for a week.

When they actually got there, it looked nothing like the pictures on the website.  More like a broken down barn.  The paint was peeling off, the doors were stiff, some of the windows were broken, there was no electricity and no hot water.
They had a miserable holiday but decided not to complain.  However, it took months to get the deposit back and even that required legal action.

Later the man saw reviews about the place.  They all said "Stay away - this person is a crook".  Sure enough the owner was known to the police and had been involved in numerous other scams.

This sort of program receives a steady supply of such stories.

However let's change the story slightly.  Imagine a friend finds out about the planned holiday, already knows about the place and gives them advanced warning.
You would then expect that friend to be thanked.  End of story.

Relating this to Brexit, I think there are a lot of people who wouldn't thank you at all.

"We've booked this holiday already so I guess we just have to go through with it."

"I asked everybody if they want to go and they all said yes.  Do you seriously want me to ask them again?"

"You say the place is just a broken down barn but that is just your opinion.  We want to stay in a palace.  We are going."

Seriously I wonder how many people are going to enjoy their time in Brexitland.

The biggest thing I've noticed through the whole shit show is how right wing the main tv channels are. Sky you can understand being right wing as it's Murdoch controlled. The BBC though have been on a par if not worse. They have a cabal of right wing journalists presenting all their flagship shows and the commentators they get on to spout their views are the worse of the right from rags like the mail and the times. I've also noticed presenters views being accepted as fact. This morning John Huphries said "the country doesn't want a second ref" no evidence was put forward to support his position just general soundbites like "the country just want's them to get on with it" It's been a whole clusterfuck from start till finish with both May and Corbyn being nothing but self serving arrogant arseholes.

8 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

The biggest thing I've noticed through the whole shit show is how right wing the main tv channels are. Sky you can understand being right wing as it's Murdoch controlled. The BBC though have been on a par if not worse. They have a cabal of right wing journalists presenting all their flagship shows and the commentators they get on to spout their views are the worse of the right from rags like the mail and the times. I've also noticed presenters views being accepted as fact. This morning John Huphries said "the country doesn't want a second ref" no evidence was put forward to support his position just general soundbites like "the country just want's them to get on with it" It's been a whole clusterfuck from start till finish with both May and Corbyn being nothing but self serving arrogant arseholes.

I'd be amazed if Humphries wasn't a huge Remainer, it's his job to challenge the views of people he interviews.

It's policy now..................:unsure2:

Labour frontbench will back Corbyn in boycotting Brexit talks until May rules out no deal, Gardiner says

No. I have not had any approach myself from my counterpart in government. And, to the best of my knowledge, none of my colleagues have. Let me be clear; in the Labour party, as a shadow cabinet, we operate as a team. We are quite clear that it is important that the prime minister shows good faith; she takes away the gun that she has been trying to hold to parliament’s head by saying it is either my deal or no deal. Even the chancellor is saying that that no deal should [be ruled out].

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Well he goes on holiday with David Davis so...

Humphries denies that.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/david-davis-works-three-day-week-and-is-inept-claims-ex-aide-james-chapman-twitter_uk_5992ae64e4b0909642998bbe

Edited by welshbairn

26 minutes ago, btb said:

It's policy now..................:unsure2:

How can May "rule out" No Deal?  It's the default setting, and if they can't agree to May's deal, that's precisely what's going to happen.    Are they trying to get May to further polarise the Tory party by stating that it's her deal or no Brexit at all?

Unless what they really want is a people's vote. and are trying to be clever and subtle by not referring to explicitly.  

I dunno.  Just seems like more Kenny Miller leadership from Corbyn to me.

May has to present something ‘new’ to Parliament on Monday.  I cannot see it being any different.

If she simply re-presents her original deal I think she will lose even more credibility with Tory Remainers.

Hopefully an amendment on a second vote will be accepted this time around.  It would be shocking if that didn’t happen given that three of the amendments were pulled the last time around.