Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I wonder if Corbyn would have called a VONC if May hadn't bounced him into it by saying she would accept one if called by any of the other Opposition Party leaders? He looked and sounded absolutely furious about it.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Is that essentially a poll from 1000+ Daily Mail online users?

If so, true overall support for remain has to be well above 51%. 

It's a Survation poll paid for by the Daily Mail.

Survation have been far more accurate in recent years than Yougov.

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If the EU don't agree an extension, can we give ourselves 18 months by revoking then invoking Article 50?

No the ECJ ruling was pretty clear about using revocation as a ruse.

Did I see someone talk about a Government of national Unity?

Any opposition MP that would serve beside the Tories who have forced austerity and all that entails should be horse whipped.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wonder if Corbyn would have called a VONC if May hadn't bounced him into it by saying she would accept one if called by any of the other Opposition Party leaders? He looked and sounded absolutely furious about it.

As I’ve said before, once it’s done he doesn’t have anything to hide behind. 

Equally if it does force him into supporting a second referendum that could be seen as May’s ploy backfiring.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's a Survation poll paid for by the Daily Mail.

Survation have been far more accurate in recent years than Yougov.

The founder and CEO of Survation used to work for UKIP and was an advisor to Farage.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was thinking that too and wondering what the reasoning behind it was. Struck me that it might be part of a game plan.

2 minutes ago, Adamski said:

I was thinking that too and wondering what the reasoning behind it was. Struck me that it might be part of a game plan.

At the very least she stole his big dramatic moment. I wish he would stop just banging on about incompetence and failure and say what she should have done. I suppose it's difficult for him as with the most obvious mistake of declaring Article 50 too early and without a plan, he was urging her to declare it even earlier and issued a 3 line whip for Labour MPs to back her in the vote.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Equally if it does force him into supporting a second referendum that could be seen as May’s ploy backfiring.

Never forget that May is a remainer.  The majority of members of the commons are remainers.  Anything that makes remain more likely will help May's cause.  Any support for a second referendum, irrespective of where it comes from, ultimately supports May.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Never forget that May is a remainer.  The majority of members of the commons are remainers.  Anything that makes remain more likely will help May's cause.  Any support for a second referendum, irrespective of where it comes from, ultimately supports May.

Totally disagree with you on this.  Whatever position May held, or even maybe still holds, is of less importance to her than ‘winning’.

Any final deal that includes a CU and freedom of movement will be seen as a personal failure for her; she will not want that to be her legacy.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

She was as quiet as Corbyn during the campaign. She's hugely right wing on immigration and I think she'd accept a hard brexit for that reason alone.

Given May fought a campaign in 2017 on being the party of Brexit I imagine she’s hoping that Labour explicitly come out for another referendum.

May’s responses and attitude since last night’s humiliation shows that she has no intention of compromising.  

Just how daft is she?  Does she think that she can just keep her red lines in place and somehow magically everything is going to right itself?

Completely delusional.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

The country has been let down just as badly by him as by May.  At this point we know that there'll be a token vote of no confidence in the Government, which the Government will win.  That rules out a general election, and actually gives May more time to polish the Brexit turd.  Where Corbyn goes from there, I have no idea.  I assume that there's nothing May can negotiate that will bring 200 odd MPs on side.  Therefore the default position is No Deal, which nobody, other than some rabid right wing loonballs wants.    If that happens, the blame will be placed by May, not without some merit, squarely on Corbyn for not taking the May Deal.   So then there's the question of extending Article 50, which will only happen if there's an election or a second referendum.

At some point, he is obligated to take the lead on a People's Vote.   Failure to do so suggests, again not without reason, that he's firmly in the Leave camp.

I actually support a lot of what Corbyn ostensibly stands for, but he's proven himself utterly incapable of leadership, and unsuitable to be PM.  This raises the question of why he's so dead set on a General Election which he's by no means certain to win, unless internal polling suggests something far removed from the general polls.

I think he's doing great. Doing all the right things, at the right moment.  

And the Tories continue to implode. As they have always done over Europe, the Common Market, the EU, the EEC... ( choose as appropriate ). 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

May’s responses and attitude since last night’s humiliation shows that she has no intention of compromising.  

Just how daft is she?  Does she think that she can just keep her red lines in place and somehow magically everything is going to right itself?

Completely delusional.

Have you ever met a Tory that wasn't? They measure everything, absolutely everything, in monetary terms. It's pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Completely delusional.

And Corbyn seems to think he can conjure up a Customs Union with the same red lines. He got her to list them and didn't challenge her on any of them.