Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

IMO, in 2015, if Labour had any leader other than Jeremy Corbyn, it is quite likely that Remain would have won.
Concerning Brexit, Jeremy Corbyn stood up and in a loud authoriative voice said "I'm not sure either way about this".
Leadership?  No.
This in big fucking shovels.

The mumbleclown showed f**k all leadership during the EU referendum.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I think this is a bit wishful thinking. Centrist parties are dying all over Europe because they advocate the continuation of a situation young people know to be unsustainable, and they have no answer to that.

It is possible to have a genuine left-of-centre political party with a competent left-of-centre leader.  Sadly that option is not presently available in the U.K. as a whole.

ETA  - a Tony Blair clone might look like a good idea at the time but it’s not the answer.

Edited by Granny Danger

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Counter organise a Bolshevik coup. I'll be the sinister guy on the news telling everyone to remain at home and that all is as normal. Paul Mason can be thirst tweeting Stoya telling her to come to London, the revolution is happening.

Paul Mason seems to have switched To being a massive EU supporter recently so he'll need purged asap.

Going by his Twitter he's doing well on the European left/liberal lecture circuit so he obviously needs to distance himself from Brexit to keep the good times rolling.

Theresa May has a brass neck.  Two and a half years of belittling all the opposition parties (not just Labour) and now she’s reaching out to them for help.  

She has played Corbyn to ensure that her unprecedented defeat will only be a 24 hour headline superseded by a succes in shrugging off a no confidence vote.

The only thing Corbyn can do know to get the upper hand is to throw his weight behind a second referendum.  Sadly I think he is too stubborn and tactically inept to do so. 

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Theresa May has a brass neck.  Two and a half years of belittling all the opposition parties (not just Labour) and now she’s reaching out to them for help.  

She has played Corbyn to ensure that her unprecedented defeat will only be a 24 hour headline superseded by a succes in shrugging off a no confidence vote.

The only thing Corbyn can do know to get the upper hand is to throw his weight behind a second referendum.  Sadly I think he is too stubborn and tactically inept to do so. 

I remember the good old days when jezza fanboys were telling us that he was only going to call a vonc when he was sure to win it:whistle

The second referendum thing is a trap for Corbyn. It's not going to happen and Labour going for it makes it less likely anyway.

If they do call for it the end result will be the centrist geniuses saying it was too late and putting the full blame on Corbyn leading to Chicken Coup 2.0. 

A referendum only happens if May wants one. It makes sense to follow her position on it.

4 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I remember the good old days when jezza fanboys were telling us that he was only going to call a vonc when he was sure to win it:whistle

It took Thatcher 6 votes of NC to defeat Callaghan.

No confidence is more likely to happen if (i) a new deal passes and the DUP are betrayed (ii) we leave the EU and the ERG are free to stab her in the back.

4 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

He was never going to win it.  The only time the DUP would support such a motion was if May’s proposal was passed and that was never going to happen.

(I assume you’re not referring to me!)

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He was never going to win it.  The only time the DUP would support such a motion was if May’s proposal was passed and that was never going to happen.

(I assume you’re not referring to me!)

Nope

Absolutely this. You couldn't mark her neck with a blowtorch.
Yeah.... This thread, and even at work this morning, I keep hearing murmurs of sympathy for this utterly horrible c**t of a woman.

Her brass neck should serve as one of many reminders re how desperate she was to climb into Camerons soiled seat, nd how desperate she now is to cling on, regardless of whats best for the country she is meant to represent. Her and hers first, the rest of us a distant (so distant as to be basically irrelevant) second.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Novara wasn't paying the bills

He has never been with Novara. He got bumped from Channel 4 then the Guardian.

The Novara mob are very incoherent. Apparently we need to completely change the nature of ownership and wealth distribution to combat climate and inequality on the one hand. On the other hand though it's too big a risk to leave the EU.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah.... This thread, and even at work this morning, I keep hearing murmurs of sympathy for this utterly horrible c**t of a woman.

Her brass neck should serve as one of many reminders re how desperate she was to climb into Camerons soiled seat, nd how desperate she now is to cling on, regardless of whats best for the country she is meant to represent. Her and hers first, the rest of us a distant (so distant as to be basically irrelevant) second.

She probably would quit now if she wasn't likely to be replaced by Boris or Gove.

Only way out of this is for MP's to ignore the party system and their leaders and TAKE BACK CONTROL! May and Corbyn aren't going to change their red lines so no better deal with the EU is negotiable under either leadership, Corbyn has no strategy to unite the opposition to a hard Brexit and May is incapable of swerving away from her strategy of appeasing the DUP and maybe 10% of MP's who want a hard brexit. The Common Market 2.0 MPs and the Peoples Vote lot have to come together, work out a compromise and force a Commons vote.