Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Absolutely remarkable how many politicians are still claiming that the EU has to agree to an improved deal with the UK. HAS to. Not to do so would be a disaster for the EU that they WILL NOT allow to happen. They're going to agree to what the UK wants at the last minute. They are. They absolutely are. It's going to happen. It is.

I'm not sure.

He's got a popularity that may never had. He's not a complete trump-like moron, he just sometimes acts like it.

I think that’s worse. He’s Trump with half a brain, just enough to plot his own route but not enough to understand the consequences of the things he’s saying and doing.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Absolutely remarkable how many politicians are still claiming that the EU has to agree to an improved deal with the UK. HAS to. Not to do so would be a disaster for the EU that they WILL NOT allow to happen. They're going to agree to what the UK wants at the last minute. They are. They absolutely are. It's going to happen. It is.

It's like the transfer window.  The deal gets made when both sides are worried about the clock.

15 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The Pound has strengthened considerably in the last hour or so. 

Suggest the market believes that no Brexit is becoming the most likely option.

I wouldn't have thought so, more likely a softer deal with a softening of red lines or a ref2 is what they're thinking. Along with an extension of A50.

P.S. Probably mainly the inevitability of kicking A50 down the road for a bit. The uncertainty has been counted in for ages.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, Detournement said:

It's like the transfer window.  The deal gets made when both sides are worried about the clock.

I always figured Salma Hayek would make her move as the clock ticked down on my wedding day.

You can imagine my shock when she was, presumably, held up in traffic.

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The Pound has strengthened considerably in the last hour or so. 

Suggest the market believes that no Brexit is becoming the most likely option.

Aye from 1.11 to 1.13

Before we voted 2.5 years ago it fluctuated  between about 1.20 and 1.40

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

As far as Article 50 is concerned, we're at one minute to midnight on transfer deadline day and the UK have just realised that the fax. machine isn't plugged in.

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I think that’s worse. He’s Trump with half a brain, just enough to plot his own route but not enough to understand the consequences of the things he’s saying and doing.

He's already been talking about the "deep state" subverting the will of the British people. The worrying thing is his Trump lite act could win, more likely than Corbyn's dithering all things to all people act anyway.

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, tintax said:

The Daily Mails front page tomorrow is going to be a thing of beauty. 

The Express kicks the arse out of the DM for sheer swivel eyed Brexit lunacy these days.