Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

If there's not a VONC tomorrow i'd be extremely surprised. I would be even more surprised if it was successful.

Extending Article 50 it is. 

With FTPA, I think it's quite likely that there could be a successful VONC. Problem is, there's 14 days for the government to try again, the second vote is the real one.

If you dug a little deeper I suspect that many of those who say immigration is a problem don't mean white East Europeans - they mean Asian or Afro-Caribbean.

And dig even deeper you'll find that the "immigrants" they are talking about aren't even immigrants but second and third generation Asians and Afro-Caribbeans.

Brown people m8. Thats the termnyou are looking for.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

With FTPA, I think it's quite likely that there could be a successful VONC. Problem is, there's 14 days for the government to try again, the second vote is the real one.

Aye the Gov have two weeks to hand out the bungs etc, which decreases the chances even more. 

Why do you think the FTPA makes a VONC more likely?

Edited by Londonwell

6 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Aye the Gov have two weeks to hand out the bungs etc, which decreases the chances even more. 

Why do you think the FTPA makes a VONC more likely?

Sorry, I mean the initial vote is likely to result in an overall decleration of no confidence but it'll be reversed.

27 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, Detournement said:
If the government loses their majority there would need to be an election.

Not sure you know how it works tbh. Turkey's don't vote for Christmas. Fixed term parliament requires two thirds to vote for new election. It just won't happen

Aye but there is still the protocol that if the government can't pass it's program then the opposition gets a chance to form a government and if that doesn't work it's an election.

If May falls out with the DUP then this Parliament is over.

39 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

If there's not a VONC tomorrow i'd be extremely surprised. I would be even more surprised if it was successful.

Extending Article 50 the most likely scenario in a time of unlikely scenarios . 

The should be a VONC in Corbyn.

Don't see the point of Corbyn's amendment, it's just the same as voting down the deal.

Line 1, leave out from “House” to end and insert “declines to approve the negotiated
withdrawal agreement and the framework for the future relationship because it
fails to provide for a permanent UK-EU customs union and strong single market deal
and would therefore lead to increased barriers to trade in goods and services, would
not protect workers’ rights and environmental standards, allows for the diminution
of the United Kingdom’s internal and external security and is likely to lead to the
implementation of a backstop provision in Northern Ireland that is neither politically
nor economically sustainable; declines to approve the United Kingdom’s leaving
the European Union without a withdrawal agreement; and therefore resolves to
pursue every option that prevents the United Kingdom’s either leaving the European
Union without a withdrawal agreement or leaving on the basis of the negotiated
withdrawal agreement laid before the House.”

Ideally another EU referendum, with people voting to stay in.

Can't see this happening, I think we will still get Brexit with the EU giving out concessions on a new deal.

Edit to add: In the unlikely event of a General Election, the Tories would probably still win it.

Edited by FlyerTon

57 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Reckon she will lose by 150 votes tonight, and then agree that her Plan B will be to ask the EU for an extension of Article 50 until July, by which time she will come back with an ammended agreement probably another two times, until a softer version is voted through. Think the EU will agree to a legal limit on the Irish backstop, and that the UK will be inside some ongoing form of customs union arrangement. 

Corbyn will try a VONC in the next few days, possibly even tomorrow, and the Tories will vote it down as a block. There won't be enough Tories (or Lab) onside for a 2nd Ref, so it will all drag on for another 3 or 4 months until her 'new' deal is accepted, with the UK leaving the EU some time in July.

If that scenario pans out the final deal would be significantly different from the first; would include a customs union and freedom of movement to avoid a hard border in Ireland.

It’s possible but anathema to many/most Tory voters.

Aye but there is still the protocol that if the government can't pass it's program then the opposition gets a chance to form a government and if that doesn't work it's an election.
If May falls out with the DUP then this Parliament is over.
Both the brexiteers and DUP have stated they will back May in any no confidence motion. Can't understand why you think Labour, SNP and LD (even DUP) can force an election. They can't

8 minutes ago, sophia said:

one hour, forty five minutes and 50 seconds in we have the estimable Graham Cowie of the Commons Library guiding us through the labyrinthine procedural lanes.

Did he mention Patrick Thistle’s relegation chances?

19 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

"I don't know why they can't just crack on and get on with it," says student on the news.

Voxpops should only be allowed if they have experts on hand to explain to people how f*cking ignorant they are.

At about quarter to one today on the BBC news channel two pieces followed one another - one interviewing people on a ferry to Cannes, one in Great Yarmouth (71.5% leave). Three statements from old, bald white men stood out. 

Europe's bust. We're better off out. 

They need us more than we need them. 

I think Britain's become diluted. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Romeo said:

I admit I am probably biased but any hard line brexiteer I see interviewed seems like an utter fanny.

That's not bias, it's reality.