Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just caught a Brexiteer MP speaking in the commons there, and declaring that she wants the UK out striking trade deals and “spreading the rule of law” in Africa.
They really do see Empire 2.0.
The Chinese have already secured a lot of assets and trade deals in Africa. They announced a further 60 billion US dollars of investment only a few months ago. The UK cannot compete with that level of investment.

8 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
37 minutes ago, Antlion said:
Just caught a Brexiteer MP speaking in the commons there, and declaring that she wants the UK out striking trade deals and “spreading the rule of law” in Africa.

The Chinese have already secured a lot of assets and trade deals in Africa. They announced a further 60 billion US dollars of investment only a few months ago. The UK cannot compete with that level of investment.

I don’t think you understand - she pointed out that “we” are *THE UK*.

So after her deal is finally booted out tomorrow...Corbyn presumably calls for a VONC to trigger a GE, which the Tories will vote down. Next up is Plan B which can only be an extension of Article 50 surely? That will probably be voted through in the Commons but leave us yet again in no man's land, as all 27 EU countries would have to agree..could take us well into February. What if they then decide to not extend it? 

Only other two options which other MP's will try to get a vote on must be:

Norway/Canada style

2nd Ref

Way things are going now, can see both of these motions being defeated as well, so...

We still crash out at the end of March with no deal?

Just heard BBC Reporting Scotland quoting May as saying that a No Deal would increase demands from Scotland for independence thus threatening the union.

I would have thought that she was stating the "bleedin' obvious" but, according to the BBC, the SNP claim she is living in fantasy land.

For once I thought that May had come out with a reasonable and sensible comment. Can someone explain why (allegedly) the SNP have ridiculed her claim?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

49 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

"I don't know why they can't just crack on and get on with it," says student on the news.

Voxpops should only be allowed if they have experts on hand to explain to people how f*cking ignorant they are.

Voxpops reduce quality journalism to below tabloid levels.  One or two ignorant twats are quoted as if they are speaking for the nation; they aren’t.

It is very, very lazy journalism.

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
8 hours ago, Detournement said:
I don't think it's beyond the state's capabilities to fast track medicine deliveries or fly them in.

And what, you're just taking the drivers word that it's just medicine that's there? What about other stuff? Which stuff gets priority? Is there going to be a government panel deciding which meds get the priority service and which ones have to sit in a lorry for how ever long? If you're flying them in, where to? They'll have to be checked at the airport by customs there anyway. It's almost like you've not thought this through...

Do you think everything gets checked in and out the country just now? It would get exactly the same checks as now.

It's not guys in white vans bringing this stuff in it's some of the biggest companies in the world who have been supplying the NHS for a long time.

Voxpops reduce quality journalism to below tabloid levels.  One or two ignorant twats are quoted as if they are speaking for the nation; they aren’t.

Indeed, and every time I hear a thicko saying we've had the vote and now we need OUT I have a mental image of same thicko walking across any major bridge in the UK and aggressively encouraging an obviously distressed person who is stood on a parapet to jump, and do it NOW !

My favourite one recently was the 60-something woman who said "Well, I didn't really know what it was all about, so I voted Leave. They should have given us more information."

Aye cheers doll ffs.

9 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
10 hours ago, Antlion said:

Also, China is popular with a lot of African dictatorships because they are not going to "spread the rule of law" or criticise human  rights or tell them how to run their country.  They are simply there to do business.

I can't imagine there are many countries that want the UK to show them how to do things right.

It is true that we put more in than we get out so the logic is sound.

Except that you have to factor in the possibility that the factory might not have received the grant from the UK government unless it was a Tory marginal seat.

Edit: re the potteries grant

Edited by Suspect Device