Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Labour Remainer douche on Politics Live is worried about medicine being held up in a No Deal situation. Is completely incapable of explaining why it would be held up.

For new drugs, drug companies will prioritise applications for approval to the EMA  because Europe will be a bigger market than the UK.

Also, a no deal scenario means a refusal to recognise each other standards - until you have a "deal" that includes recognizing each other's standards. 

6 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Her latest speech spelling out in no uncertain terms that if her deal gets voted down, we could end up with No Brexit.

That would be music to my ears - and I suspect millions of others.

Yeah.  It is like someone threatening to give you their winning lottery ticket.

8 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

until you have a "deal" that includes recognizing each other's standards. 

Which means "rule taking", as the EU has enough trouble coming to their own regulations without integrating a 3rd party.

51 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

For new drugs, drug companies will prioritise applications for approval to the EMA  because Europe will be a bigger market than the UK.

Also, a no deal scenario means a refusal to recognise each other standards - until you have a "deal" that includes recognizing each other's standards. 

The UK would obviously be able to recognise EU standards if the choice was that or a shortage. And I think GSK and Pzifer might be able to organise licensces in the 6th largest economy.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:
8 minutes ago, Detournement said:
What does delays in checks mean? Where would these new checks take place?

Dunno m9. I'm sure MoH buying 5000 fridges is because supply will be seamless.

They are stockpiling because it would be a huge risk not to but no one has actually said how medicine that gets here no bother right now is going to get held up.

Edited by Detournement

13 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Just caught a Brexiteer MP speaking in the commons there, and declaring that she wants the UK out striking trade deals and “spreading the rule of law” in Africa.

They really do see Empire 2.0.

Most African countries could kick 7 shades of shite out of “our boys”. 

Let them wire in.

I don't think it's beyond the state's capabilities to fast track medicine deliveries or fly them in.

And what, you're just taking the drivers word that it's just medicine that's there? What about other stuff? Which stuff gets priority? Is there going to be a government panel deciding which meds get the priority service and which ones have to sit in a lorry for how ever long? If you're flying them in, where to? They'll have to be checked at the airport by customs there anyway. It's almost like you've not thought this through...