Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Neil Warnock on Brexit: ‘I can’t wait to leave. To hell with the rest of the world’

Cardiff manager attacks government’s handling of Brexit talks 
 ‘I can’t wait to get out. We’re better off out of the bloody thing’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/12/neil-warnock-cardiff-city-brexit-leave

14 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I do know of quite a few who have returned home to Poland and this is mainly due to a real terms 25% wage cut in the past couple of years. You were getting over 6 zloty to the pound, however we're now in a trading range between 4.6 and 4.8, this has a huge effect considering many of the poles are saving up and sending their cash back home for real estate purchases etc.

There's also the other aspect that someone else has mentioned regarding the fact that Poland is booming at the moment, we generally go over 4 or 5 times a year to various Towns and City's, however the investment over the past 4 or 5 years has been huge, the places are all beautiful and spotless, lovely shopping centres, beautiful gardens and canals, fantastic architecture, their transport is all modern and advanced and there's lots of multi national investment popping up all over the place from large retail parks in the suburbs to investment bank skyscrapers within the City Centres.

Wroclaw and Bydgoszcz have especially come on in the past few years and the next upcoming area is Rzeszow in the SE of the country, what can I say, we're just very fortunate that we have easy access to these places from our local airports and also very fortunate that we can see the truth about Eastern Europe, which quickly dispels the myth that we're the rich ones and they're the poor people.................

This is the point a lot of people miss. Most of these Eastern Europeans are from places that are considerably nicer than the towns they come to live in in the UK. People seem to have an image of them all living in some kind of squalor in a Romanian factory town. Some will come from utter shiteholes, like anywhere, but many will not. In the last 12 years (what I've known) the changes in places like Bydgoszcz, Poznan, Wroclaw, Gdansk, Opole and even Katowice are quite remarkable. These were nice places to begin with, but needed a bit of a scrub. I used to know a boy from Wroclaw who lived in East Kilbride. He found it amusing when locals there talked about shit holes in Eastern Europe.

As soon as the economic situation started to swing, many were always going to go home.

I lived in Poland for more than five years, in one of the towns you mentioned, and most people I knew preferred Germany as a destination to work rather than the UK. Wherever they went, the idea was rarely to stay forever. Usually it was young people wanting to save up for a wedding and a house who would go and spend three or four years abroad saving up before moving home to get married and buy the hoose. Most never planned to stay longer than that.

Now that the economic situation has swung, there is simply less incentive for young Poles to move to the UK. Of course, some still will as a life experience. Some will be anglophiles, some will just want to try something new. But the days of it being hugely beneficial to them financially are gone.

16 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Shit for folk who have put down roots here. I was walking the other day and a Polish family were coming the other way all laughing and joking then went silent as we passed, shame they feel they have to do that.

Maybe they were just laughing at the state of you mate? 

8 hours ago, btb said:

I don't think we needed any confirmation that football people, when taken out of their own particular sphere, are absolute fucking morons but that was quite an entertaining read in a point-and-laugh type of way :lol:

So on Tuesday 15 January May’s Deal gets rejected.  I’m assuming Corbyn’s VoC would be the Wednesday or Thursday.  As I understand it Bercow has to accept it but I do not know who much Parliamentary time is allocated.  Under the Grieve amendment May would have to bring her plan B by Friday.

Once Corbyn fails in his VoC there will be great pressure on him to back a second referendum but I’m not sure how/when that proposal will be put forward.

9 hours ago, btb said:

Neil Warnock on Brexit: ‘I can’t wait to leave. To hell with the rest of the world’

• Cardiff manager attacks government’s handling of Brexit talks 
• ‘I can’t wait to get out. We’re better off out of the bloody thing’

So the manager of a Welsh football team that plays in the English Premier League doesn't want to have anything to do with people from other places.

What a perfect metaphor for Brexit rage.

So on Tuesday 15 January May’s Deal gets rejected.  I’m assuming Corbyn’s VoC would be the Wednesday or Thursday.  As I understand it Bercow has to accept it but I do not know who much Parliamentary time is allocated.  Under the Grieve amendment May would have to bring her plan B by Friday.
Once Corbyn fails in his VoC there will be great pressure on him to back a second referendum but I’m not sure how/when that proposal will be put forward.

It's not been apparent to me just what happens if May's plan is defeated but she then chooses to completely ignore the Grieve amendment.

52 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It’s not been apparent to me just what happens if May's plan is defeated but she then chooses to completely ignore the Grieve amendment.

Under Parliamentary rules he can kick her in the pie.