Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:
I think you meant change to their "Constitution" ? Sorry to be pedantic!

I did, Cheers... Will change my post

You are welcome.  Does it look as if we might both be in League 1 next season, which might be easier to answer than the ongoing questions about Brexit/

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
2 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:
You are welcome.  Does it look as if we might both be in League 1 next season, which might be easier to answer than the ongoing questions about Brexit/

I think it's a given mate

Having suffered a 7 goal thrashing on my last visit to Firhill, I hope we can sneak up via a penalty kick play off and pass you on way down .  More likely that you are right.

25 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Check out @tnewtondunn’s Tweet:

So this amendment the govt have accepted contradicts their own deal and effectively kills it?
Eh?

Don’t see this reported anywhere else; maybe he’s just talking bollocks.

On 1/7/2019 at 18:42, welshbairn said:

Not sure about that course but golf shoes being mandatory is purely to shut out the scum.

I used to be a member at Downfield as they were offering a cheaper under 30s membership and I have a full UK driving licence.     

After about my 5th visit to the club I received a letter summoning me to appear in front of the committee for the heinous crime of changing into my golf shoes in the car park.    

I used to be a member at Downfield as they were offering a cheaper under 30s membership and I have a full UK driving licence.     
After about my 5th visit to the club I received a letter summoning me to appear in front of the committee for the heinous crime of changing into my golf shoes in the car park.    
Proper order. I hope you begged for forgiveness

Totally agree.  I am sure even the most obnoxious person I could name has at one time made a statement that I could agree with.  Agreeing with somone on a specific issue does not make them any more correct on other matters, nor does it compromise you in your ability to disagree with them on anything (or everything) else.
Brexit will only be defeated in Parliament if enough Tories vote against it.  Unpalatable but true.

This.

Today's vote was driven by Tory rebels who don't want to see this prolonged anymore.

7 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

BBC News just had a  Brexit feature in Chelmsford where a man said "I just want to know if immigration will go down."

According to the 2011 census, Chelmsford is over 90% white British. He's going to have a heart attack if he ever visits London.

Heard one guy say “get out and we’ll still be breathing the next day”.

That could be the answer to almost any question you’d ever ask that guy!

“Excuse me sir, how would you feel if we set your house alight and watched it burn to a wreck”

”well, I’ll still be breathing the next day”.

Into the sea with these people and their car crash opinions on the future of the UK.

Edited by zidane's child

13 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

BBC News just had a  Brexit feature in Chelmsford where a man said "I just want to know if immigration will go down."

According to the 2011 census, Chelmsford is over 90% white British. He's going to have a heart attack if he ever visits London.

If you want to buy him a train ticket* I’ll contribute a tenner.

* One way naturally.

10 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Heard one guy say “get out and we’ll still be breathing the next day”.

That could be the answer to almost any question you’d ever ask that guy!

“Excuse me sir, how would you feel if we set your house alight and watched it burn to a wreck”

”well, I’ll still be breathing the next day”.

Into the sea with these people and their car crash opinions on the future of the UK.

They'd probably think it was worth it if there was an inmigrant in the house when it was burning. 

57 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Billy Rubin said:

Proper order. I hope you begged for forgiveness

I didn't attend and wrote them a nasty letter.   It's 'wannabe'  golf courses that are rife with committee social-climbing arseholes.    Gleneagles is relaxed and customer focused, and not really all that expensive - I pay about £275 pcm

9 hours ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Check out @tnewtondunn’s Tweet:

So this amendment the govt have accepted contradicts their own deal and effectively kills it?
Eh?

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t see this reported anywhere else; maybe he’s just talking bollocks.

Seen this now reported in the Guardian and their interpretation is different.  It says the amendment would give MPs the option of extending the transition period beyond 2020 OR implementing the backstop if an agreement has no been reached.

The EU would be happy with that; it’s nothing more than window dressing.  It will buy her no new friends.

The right wing rags are absolutely furious at Bercow.  :lol:

May is trying to pressurise Parliament by running the clock down but they are attacking him because by accepting the Grieve amendment (which he is entitled to do) it limits her from doing so.

We all know she has no Plan B but that’s no one’s fault but her own.

8 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I saw this piece and yet again sat and sighed at the utterances.  It's claimed that we Remainers are arrogant and condescending, yet the BBC and other news agencies seem to take great delight in repeatedly proving to us all that there IS a considerable number of thickos, bigots and arseholes to be found.  It's as if they feel a continual obligation to visit Danny Dyer-Land in order to hear the awffffentic voice of the punter, sorry voter.  The only Remain views broadcast always seem to involve businessmen and women - there's a lot of 'ordinary' people out here who want f**k-all to do with this madness too. 

9 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

"I just want to know if immigration will fall."

"No."

"That's outrageous.  I think .."

"No hang on.  You said you just want to know and now I have told you.  You didn't say I just want to know and if not then blah blah blah.  You said you just want to know.  That's all.  Nothing more.  Now please shut up."

11 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

:lol:

10 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

The point is these places are fearful of becoming a Leicester or Bradford.

Also, 2011 census was nearly 8 years ago.  Places have changed significantly since then.