Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

9 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I'm sure the Government calling a major incident now after 200 people tried to cross the channel has nothing to do with May trying to get her brexit deal through.

Especially since this has been going on for a while.

Straight out of Trumps playbook

1 hour ago, FlyerTon said:

British government to spend more than £100m on chartering ferries, in the case of a no deal Brexit:

"The contingency plans allow for almost 4,000 more lorries a week to come and go from other ports, including Plymouth, Poole, and Portsmouth"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46704522

They would have to dock on the other side, then go through Customs when they enter and return with their load to come back to the UK.

That's where the delays will happen

I'm sure the Government calling a major incident now after 200 people tried to cross the channel has nothing to do with May trying to get her brexit deal through.

The calling of it as a major incident is a bit of a mis-nomer, a house fire can be declared a major incident, its just any incident which requires significant resources and puts strain on a particular responding agency. I am as anti-tory as they come but I can understand the reasoning from a humanitarian perspective for labelling it as a major incident due to the strain on ukba/coastguard and similar agencies.

34 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The calling of it as a major incident is a bit of a mis-nomer, a house fire can be declared a major incident, its just any incident which requires significant resources and puts strain on a particular responding agency. I am as anti-tory as they come but I can understand the reasoning from a humanitarian perspective for labelling it as a major incident due to the strain on ukba/coastguard and similar agencies.

I would normaly agree but this governement is not doing this in the name of "humanitariansm" even if that is what they say.

Any day now the papers will up the ante with a headline like "White cliffs of Dover to be painted black to confuse the criminal gangs".

21 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Just heard Ken Clarke on the BBC 1 o'clock news making that very point and mentioning that so much of what was reported by the tabloids was not only untruthful but inflammatory. 

I suspect that more tabloids are read here in Englandshire than in Scotland.

I suspect you're right -aren't there more people in England?

3 hours ago, FlyerTon said:

British government to spend more than £100m on chartering ferries, in the case of a no deal Brexit:

"The contingency plans allow for almost 4,000 more lorries a week to come and go from other ports, including Plymouth, Poole, and Portsmouth"

Fit aboot Peterheid and Portrush?

On 12/29/2018 at 07:57, FlyerTon said:

19 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I see most of the £100millon will go to a French and Danish firm. #TakingBackControl

11 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

£100million doesn't sound like an awful lot to sustain freight traffic for any length of time

Seaborne Freight got 14 mill-zero employees and no boats

35 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Seaborne Freight got 14 mill-zero employees and no boats

They were only registered in 2017, have £120 in capital (yes ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY POUNDS), and are insolvent having made a loss of £374k in their first year.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

They were only registered in 2017, have £120 in capital (yes ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY POUNDS), and are insolvent having made a loss of £374k in their first year.

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Right so some nothing holding company has been given 14 million quid with no evidence it'll get spent on anything? That's like Trump's guy awarding the Puerto Rico food aid contract to some backroom kitchen cottage industry.

Wonder who is on the board of directors??

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Right so some nothing holding company has been given 14 million quid with no evidence it'll get spent on anything? That's like Trump's guy awarding the Puerto Rico food aid contract to some backroom kitchen cottage industry.

Not a holding company I think.  Here’s is their accounts.

C427B686-BE5B-49A8-A78B-3F9B034B854B.thumb.jpeg.94791effb63ece34ffc8d9b927cb1a53.jpeg

5 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Wonder who is on the board of directors??

Only one of the directors has a number of directorships.  Pretty unusual for this sort of venture I’d say.  One other has a second directorship with a three year old company that is also insolvent.