Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Imagine the outcry is Soames told someone to go back to Pakistan. Disgraceful but not surprising from a relative of Churchill.

Not quite the same thing because no MP represents Pakistan but I get your point and agree that anti Scottish racism is acceptable in Westminster.

I understand Corbyn's dilemna (sp?) he doesn't want to call a full VoNC while the DUP are still awaiting TMs fantasy concessions on "The Backstop" but I think he'd have been better to have one and call out the DUP on the likelihood of these concessions actually happening - If the concessions don't occur (and they won't) Corbyn loses nothing and can call for another VoNC saying "told you so".

Edited by btb

On 17/12/2018 at 14:40, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 17/12/2018 at 13:54, Detournement said:
A lot of people voted to end freedom of movement.

Where was that written on the EU Referendum ballot?

20 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Can't quite agree with my fellow remainers on here that leaving the EU didn't mean leaving the single market, customs union and ECJ. What exactly did leave mean then?

Sorry, I was at work

LEAVE means LEAVE what do you lefty snowflakes not understand ?

The other opposition parties will still bring forward a VONC in the Gov.

They know it’ll fail but see it as a way of forcing Corbyn into backing a 2nd Ref. I have plenty of issues with this myself from an SNP point of view tactically but it does put Labour in quite the position.

Edited by Londonwell

1 hour ago, btb said:

I understand Corbyn's dilemna (sp?) he doesn't want to call a full VoNC while the DUP are still awaiting TMs fantasy concessions on "The Backstop" but I think he'd have been better to have one and call out the DUP on the likelihood of these concessions actually happening - If the concessions don't occur (and they won't) Corbyn loses nothing and can call for another VoNC saying "told you so".

He may not need DUP votes. It's turning into a game of chicken. Corbyn may just need to hold his nerve and he will get a GE.

1vR5V8AE_bigger.jpg

If at any point between now and 29 March the government were to announce that ‘no deal’ Brexit had become its policy, I would immediately resign the Conservative whip and vote in any way necessary to stop it from happening.

You and many other sensible responsible One Nation Tories. Well said.

3 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

In Brexiteers are f*cking morons part 9.67x10, we have Lord Digby Jones complaining that ending VISA free travel shockingly works both ways:

Here's a thought. Lord Digby Jones's direct lineage never bothered their arse fighting the wars. And he can't use ellipsis.