Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

The Tories used to call themselves the party of business, now they're the party of hedge funders and speculators who have taken massive bets on the UK tanking, which they've already done well out of but they want to go the whole way.
Mr May?

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:
11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
The Tories used to call themselves the party of business, now they're the party of hedge funders and speculators who have taken massive bets on the UK tanking, which they've already done well out of but they want to go the whole way.

Mr May?

Probably. Rees Mogg and John Redwood certainly. There should be a Public Enquiry into all ERG members financial dealings imo, and their funding.

46 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

The SNP and other opposition parties will table an amendment to Labours motion to ask for no confidence in Gov rather than PM apparently. 

Surely this is the political equivalent of a training ground set piece routine worked on all week. A total plot up. This is all fiddling while Rome burns from all sides. Playing politics as it's all any of them are capable of.  Just adjourn until January there is nothing more to be gained from this pantomime now.

The SNP are perfectly aware that the Tories will throw themselves behind May. They just want to force Labour into backing another referendum. Which is fine for them as another referendum defeat would prime Scotland for another referendum.

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The SNP are perfectly aware that the Tories will throw themselves behind May. They just want to force Labour into backing another referendum. Which is fine for them as another referendum defeat would prime Scotland for another referendum.

Although if there is another EU ref expect the media to keep telling us in Scotland afterwards (no matter the result) how we’re absolutely fed up with being asked questions and just want to be left alone whilst the UK decides things for us. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Once again May has refused to say that her deal is better than staying in the EU.

Yet she has the audacity to talk about the national interest.  What sort of PM champions a proposal that leaves the country worse off?

She’s effectively a shitter “Bad Janet” from The Good Place. Here she is showing what she thinks of Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and England. 

306BED7E-EED1-4B45-A9D1-FBB7A037CF95.gif

Surely this is the political equivalent of a training ground set piece routine worked on all week. A total plot up. This is all fiddling while Rome burns from all sides. Playing politics as it's all any of them are capable of.  Just adjourn until January there is nothing more to be gained from this pantomime now.

The SNP came under pressure today from us members to do something after Corbyn did not.

That is what an opposition should do. Regardless of what time of year it is.

If the Labour government weren’t so inept, divided and behind the worst government of a generation - they would have done it. But they can’t as they are scared of losing a GE. Hell mend them.

Why is the pantomime that is WM OK for parties to “play politics” daily but not when the SNP are involved.

3 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Last week 117 Tories didn’t think May was fit to be their party leader but they will probably vote tomorrow to have confidence in her as PM.

Just highlights that the fact that it’s always party over country with the Tories.

The vote won’t go ahead; the Tories are not making Parliamentary time for it. 

The only time the government is obliged by statute to have a vote is when it’s a formal VOC in the government.  Whispers that the SNP is trying to get this but I think it has to be backed by the official opposition.

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Can't quite agree with my fellow remainers on here that leaving the EU didn't mean leaving the single market, customs union and ECJ. What exactly did leave mean then?

That Cameron is a smug looking c**t and he put his cock in the mouth of a dead pig. And I hate Pakis.

The SNP came under pressure today from us members to do something after Corbyn did not.

That is what an opposition should do. Regardless of what time of year it is.

If the Labour government weren’t so inept, divided and behind the worst government of a generation - they would have done it. But they can’t as they are scared of losing a GE. Hell mend them.

Why is the pantomime that is WM OK for parties to “play politics” daily but not when the SNP are involved.

Your last paragraph undermines everything you’ve said before. The SNP are playing politics and demanding a vote which everyone knows the opposition can’t win given the Tory rebels and the DUP have repeatedly stated they will support May.

54 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Although if there is another EU ref expect the media to keep telling us in Scotland afterwards (no matter the result) how we’re absolutely fed up with being asked questions and just want to be left alone whilst the UK decides things for us. 

And then when we win....demand another vote on the settlement treaty. This 2nd referendum stuff is dangerous ground for the independence movement.

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

If Labour had a half decent leader they would walk the next GE. But under Corbyn they be a minority government at best.

No chance. Corbyn increased Labour vote share (by 9.6%) more than any other leader since 1945. Tories thought (Ruthie among them) a Corbyn led party would finish the party for good. Polls mean jack shit as we saw in 2016 and 2017.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11680016/Why-Tories-should-join-Labour-and-back-Jeremy-Corbyn.html&ved=2ahUKEwik0bfv2affAhXQaFAKHSKWBt4QFjAEegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw2LcZcaDAcVnidwMZ5TxGrj

Edited by Bedford White

8 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Can't quite agree with my fellow remainers on here that leaving the EU didn't mean leaving the single market, customs union and ECJ. What exactly did leave mean then?

Leave means Leave.  Talk about missing out on the detail.

"Would you like to buy my car?"
"Maybe.  What can you tell me about it?"
"It's my car."
"Sounds good.  How much?"

8 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Leave means Leave.  Talk about missing out on the detail.

"Would you like to buy my car?"
"Maybe.  What can you tell me about it?"
"It's my car."
"Sounds good.  How much?"

Think you’re getting leave means leave with buy means buy m8.

ETA your analogy sounds a bit like a woman out shopping tbf (no sexyist).

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

26 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Think you’re getting leave means leave with buy means buy m8.

ETA your analogy sounds a bit like a woman out shopping tbf (no sexyist).

Nothing wrong with the analogy but plenty wrong with your interpretation and sexist shit.

Anyway.  Corbyn’s advisors must be the most tactically inept bunch in the history of politics.  

Even if you accept that this is STILL not the time for a full scale VOC (and I think it IS that time) then the vote in May alone is stupid and makes him look weak.

Yesterday May was getting a hard time for wasting another month, even from her own backbenchers.  THAT should be the headline story but Corbyn has detracted from it.

Why not have a look at what Leave campaigners said about it at the time?