Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Why are the hardline Brexiteers so frightened by the thought of a second referendum?  They are shit scared.

Right wing nut jobs frightened by democracy.  Get these c***s binned.

That's why I think they'll come round to May's deal.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's why I think they'll come round to May's deal.

If by they you mean the ERG and their ilk then they won’t.

I don’t see Jo Johnston and others from that side supporting it either.

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Why are the hardline Brexiteers so frightened by the thought of a second referendum?  They are shit scared.

Right wing nut jobs frightened by democracy.  Get these c***s binned.

If there was a second referendum and Leave won again would you accept the result this time or would you demand another referendum?

6 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

If there was a second referendum and Leave won again would you accept the result this time or would you demand another referendum?

I would accept the result and I think it would be in everybody’s interest to know exactly what was getting voted on.

For example if people vote for a Hard Brexit let them take that decision, that way no one can blame anyone else for the consequences.

12 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

This is the problem with giving "the people" the power.

The whole welfare and future of a country is put in the hands of people who are illiterate and have no idea of current affairs, economics or business in general, add to that the bigots, morons and racists and you have a result such as the one we've ended up with.

It's also more than possible that a second referendum would have us with the "hard Brexit" option due to the amount of cretins in our general population.

This may sound undemocratic, however I'd be looking at having some sort of "sense test" which would include awareness of the situation they are voting upon before giving anyone a vote.

Of course the whole problem with the original referendum question was that NOBODY had any idea what "out" was going to look like, so I suppose it's Cameron and his advisers who should really take the blame for the Brexit fallout rather than the brain dead population.

May really is trying to frame this as a choice between her deal and no deal. Even she knows her deal is rotten - why not look at other ways?

Nobody voted to leave the single market. Nobody voted to end freedom of movement. Just because the ERG claim that’s what happened doesn’t make it true - stay in the single market and end these shenanigans tomorrow.

A lot of people voted to end freedom of movement.

‘Should the UK remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?’ was the question. I totally understand many Leave voters will have wanted to end freedom of movement but it wasn’t on the ballot paper. We had senior Leave figures advocating Norwegian and Swiss models literally the day before the referendum.

Might not please everyone but nothing at this stage will. Let’s actually identify an area where it causes least damage to the country. A lame duck PM clinging onto power on the basis of a shitty ‘deal’ which pleases absolutely nobody is not what Leave voters wanted either.