Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

How about revoking article 50 and reapplying it straightaway, giving another two years to sort something out? I don't think the EU have the power to stop it if they wanted.

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How about revoking article 50 and reapplying it straightaway, giving another two years to sort something out? I don't think the EU have the power to stop it if they wanted.

You should read the court judgement.

Two ‘conditions’ of unilateral revocation; firstly must be approved by U.K. Parliament, secondly cannot be a ploy (not the exact wording but the same meaning).

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You should read the court judgement.

Two ‘conditions’ of unilateral revocation; firstly must be approved by U.K. Parliament, secondly cannot be a ploy (not the exact wording but the same meaning).

The EU might be ok with it.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

I think the point is that realpolitik has always been with us, and always will be, maybe it was once called mercantilism, then imperialism but it's all the same.  The EU, in order to protect itself and it's constituent partners may need to go so far as to screw the UK because the UK is trying to screw the EU through a negotiated settlement that would undercut the EU's principle for being. If anything it demonstrates that they are in fact very fucking good to their partners. 

Mercantilism was not political it was economical. The whole of Europe followed its methods. Not nice, more force than the art of the possible. Political life and its problems were still viewed largely from a religious point of view during this period. The only people who were screwed from 1972 in the UK, and 1951 on the continent were ordinary people. It has always been a political project. I'm sure I heard, I think it was Diane James, say that, trough a freedom of information request, that Heath deliberately withheld this information from the nation in 1972. He, of course, was up to his neck in it, just like Mrs Baylock (May) Worldwide free trade is much more acceptable to me than European protectionism, which we pay a lot for in order for the EU to expand. 

I think the biggest differences between the UK and many of the EU countries is that a defendant is considered guilty until proved innocent rather than innocent until proved guilty. This is why I will never feel European. So thanks for that Napoleon

If you bone up on Richard Von Coudenhove Kalergi you'll see where the idea of a united Europe came from.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The EU might be ok with it.

It’s possible but remember that the EU27 did not want the U.K. to win the court judgement.

On a different note I’m assuming the DUP would be happy with No Deal.

Watched Gillian Keegan earlier saying no country has chosen to leave the EU. I assume she is referring to the EU in all its guises. Greenland left in 1984. 
You can't even get that right moron.

Greenland is one of the Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) of the EU because of its political relations to Denmark. As a result, Greenland has some integration with the EU's internal market via association agreements. It is also within the EU's common external tariff but they may charge customs in a non-discriminatory manner. Greenlandic citizens have EU citizenship

Did anyone else see Andrew Neil teasing Liam Fox about the ease of sorting out a Trade Deal with the EU.

Fair play to Fox though he replied that the Trade Deal would still be easy even if the withdrawal had been difficult (Oooh err, missus) - and he managed to keep a straight face.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You can't even get that right moron.

Greenland is one of the Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) of the EU because of its political relations to Denmark. As a result, Greenland has some integration with the EU's internal market via association agreements. It is also within the EU's common external tariff but they may charge customs in a non-discriminatory manner. Greenlandic citizens have EU citizenship

Greenland is not an eu member you stupid twatt. Looking forward to making look a real chump.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

My original post was in reference to 1860 Munich FC , whose history is related to the 1848 ones.

Is this an area of interest to you?

I studied it at Higher and it's cropped up a few times. Also where yon fella Karlo Marx got his big break as well.