Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

8 minutes ago, weegienative said:

Neither is Scotland. The UK is though.

You gloss over the fact that no matter how strong the economy is, it's reliant on these countries getting their act together. See the impact of Germany as a reference.

I notice you also gloss over the non eu immigrant issue you so confidently raised previously.... telling. Please accept my "sit down, shut up" with all the arrogance it is intended.

Kudos on picking up a predictive text error though. 

No seriously, well done.

Quick google figures.

Scotland's GDP per capita is £31,376 ($39,533)

UK's is $39,720

Greece's is $18,316

Germany's $44,469

Scotland's exports in 2015 were £78.6bn

Greece's exports in 2017 were €28.9bn

55 minutes ago, weegienative said:

Of course it does.

Indyref 2, somehow the pro snp side won (less likely to happen now than 2014), Westminster f**k about and make it impossible for any kind of deal to take place, Indyref result cancelled, Scotland remains part of the UK.

There is literally nothing to stop that scenario playing out if Brexit doesn't happen.

Just make the referendum result legally binding before you have it. The Brexit referendum was nothing more than expensive opinion poll.

This is going to come down to No Deal v No Brexit.  No Deal will not have sufficient support in Parliament.

As this becomes clearer those opposed to stopping Brexit will offer a second referendum as a last throw of the dice.

Mrs May behaving like the apostle from hell, Mrs Baylock, to save her demonic baby, i.e. her deal, keeping the UK in the EU. I believe this has always been her covert position. the only way to avoid her deal is to get her exorcised from power. It was always going to be impossible to negotiate with the megalomaniacs in the EU. No deal, managed or otherwise, may be hard for some to accept but is the only way out and honor the referendum vote.

Sorry Mrs Baylock, but no Charlemagne Prize for you. It should have died with Von Coudenhove himself.

2 hours ago, weegienative said:

I voted for the people I/we vote for every 4 or 5 years to be the ones making decisions for the country.

Don't you object to having to vote every 5 years? I mean, the people decided in 2017 so their wishes should be respected!

9 minutes ago, FlyerTon said:

BBC reporting at least 158 Tory MP's will back May.

So that will be her in the job for another year, unless she wants to leave herself that is.

I'll bet that some that are publically backing May, will not do the same once it comes to the secret ballot.

I still think she will win mind you, but the margins will be the important thing.

16 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Never thought I'd ever find anything positive to say about May, but I did appreciate her reference to Corbyn's incontinent gardener

Thought it was inconstant gardener, didn't get the joke though.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, FlyerTon said:

BBC reporting at least 158 Tory MP's will back May.

So that will be her in the job for another year, unless she wants to leave herself that is.

I might be off the mark but I think this is what Labour need.

DUP have been seething about May for ages and saying they can't back her as PM. Guarantee she's in place and that is likely going to be enough for them to back a VONC in the government right this instant. That then means that they can trigger the vote over the next two days, win and then it gives the government, controlled by May, 2 weeks to fight for their existence with either the incumbent or an interim leader. If they don't resolve it by that deadline, parliament gets dissolved and there is likely a new election at the end of January. The Tories would potentially be fighting that election with no leader or one in which the party hates to an extent where a substantial number of the parliamentary party have voted against and the base also hates. It's the dream scenario.

Maybe the Tories secretly want another election to be trounced so they can wash their hands of this issue without dishonouring the party and being the people responsible for Corbyn etc. I would imagine that they are well aware of this scenario (the DUP will have warned them) and it's all to play for this evening. It presents a risk but even a shit new leader can at least have the space to get them onto an election footing.