Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There are some folk who do not really understand what a troll is.

There are others too thick to recognise a troll.

Then there are those so desperate for interaction that they will still engage with a troll.  They are the saddest of the lot.

I find that showing the troll up for what they are is the best long term course of action. Ignoring them is easy but if even 1 person is taken in by the views espoused then ignorance is the wrong tactic.

4 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

We could just dismiss each other's opinion (and facts) and continue to live in self-implosive ignorance if you prefer?

2 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

We could just dismiss each other's opinion (and facts) and continue to live in self-implosive ignorance if you prefer?

Have you read cover to cover the paper you've quoted or just the headline?

The data they have used is flawed and based correlation as causation.

Your point on informing kids about lgbt stuff at an early age could be made without implication of some homophobic dark ages views by me. Teach kids to be a good person and not to discriminate or treat people poorly because they are different. Isn't that enough? Must we eradicate every aspect of childhood innocence?

13 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I had access to none of those things. Medical insurance, along with rent, transport and anything else I required had to be covered by me, or a sponsor.

NHS being the only difference, what is to stop the UK from imposing a similar system on economic migrants?

That's literally EU law. Countries have the power to force European migrants to prove they have a job, provide medical insurance contributions (which could still go to the NHS in theory - there's no reason why they couldn't create a market for this) and to recieve proof that they can generally support themselves financially.

The Home Office have never exercised these powers, probably because it's such an insigificant loss that setting up the registration system (which would practically be much easier than other EU countries - we're not in Schengen) would cost more than it would have saved. The profile of people moving from nations which are also first world countries isn't really one of someone who is so desperate to go off grid and con the system as much as possible.

In reality, the truth is Cameron procastinated over this. The strategy was to hit a few short term things that they could do very cheaply (i.e. ending stays for newly qualified students - throwing that intellectual capital, which you have just contributed towards, out of the country has a long-term impact but it got some numbers down quickly and they could easily implement it) and make a song and dance out of 'renegotiating' which didn't really mean anything. I suspect that if they understood the true UKIP threat much earlier, they would have made a move to properly implement a controls system well in advance of any referendum.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I find that showing the troll up for what they are is the best long term course of action. Ignoring them is easy but if even 1 person is taken in by the views espoused then ignorance is the wrong tactic.

Well you've certainly shown me.

Like I said before.... echo chambers.

What's wrong with joining the Euro anyway ? Not that we would be forced to. It benefits high export economies such as Germany and Scotland if we chose to adopt it.

Also loving the argument that to stop non EU migrants from coming here we need to leave ehm...the EU. Not the slightest hint of irony either.

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Fair enough.  Maybe you fall into the first category.

2 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

What's wrong with joining the Euro anyway ? Not that we would be forced to. It benefits high export economies such as Germany and Scotland if we chose to adopt it.

Also loving the argument that to stop non EU migrants from coming here we need to leave ehm...the EU. Not the slightest hint of irony either.

Would the Euro accept three different banks printing three different versions of the notes that no other EU country would accept?

9 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Jesus. If you insist on not clicking links I provide. Google search EU reform of Dublin rule ffs.

With the slightest hint of irony. You've made a c**t of yourself.

The Euro has been a huge success story. It's fantastic being reliant on the Likes of Greece to run their economy properly so yours doesn't crash.

Edited by weegienative

May at PMQs getting loud support from her "loyal backbenchers".

Quite clearly Monday's cancellation was part of a strategy to force a party VoC followed by delaying the vote on her Brexit deal till Jan 21 (unless it can be further delayed) with the ultimate aim of bumping the deal through in a climate of fear of a "No Deal" exit.

Edited by btb

Jesus. If you insist on not clicking links I provide. Google search EU reform of Dublin rule ffs.
Within the slightest hint of irony. You've made a c**t of yourself.
The Euro has been a huge success story. It's fantastic being reliant on the Likes of Greece to run their economy properly so yours doesn't crash.
" within the slightest hint of irony" nae bother [emoji23].
Greece isnt a rich, high export, northern European ecomony like Germany or Scotland though. Maybe you should have a done an imaginary degree in English before polluting this forum.

7 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

" within the slightest hint of irony" nae bother emoji23.png.
Greece isnt a rich, high export, northern European ecomony like Germany or Scotland though. Maybe you should have a done an imaginary degree in English before polluting this forum.

Neither is Scotland. The UK is though.

You gloss over the fact that no matter how strong the economy is, it's reliant on these countries getting their act together. See the impact of Germany as a reference.

I notice you also gloss over the non eu immigrant issue you so confidently raised previously.... telling. Please accept my "sit down, shut up" with all the arrogance it is intended.

Kudos on picking up a predictive text error though. 

No seriously, well done.

Edited by weegienative

Neither is Scotland. The UK is though.
You gloss over the fact that no matter how strong the economy is, it's reliant on these countries getting their act together. See the impact of Germany as a reference.
I notice you also gloss over the non eu immigrant issue you so confidently raised previously.... telling. Please accept my "sit down, shut up" with all the arrogance it is intended.
Kudos on picking up a predictive text error though. 
No seriously, well done.
There's only one part of the UK with a trade surplus. 3 guesses which part that is.

40 minutes ago, weegienative said:

Of course it does.

Indyref 2, somehow the pro snp side won (less likely to happen now than 2014), Westminster f**k about and make it impossible for any kind of deal to take place, Indyref result cancelled, Scotland remains part of the UK.

There is literally nothing to stop that scenario playing out if Brexit doesn't happen.

oh ffs.  You're comparing apples and oranges.  Please stop.

The shameless arsehole is ignoring questions and cracking shite jokes, and then accusing Corbyn of not being honest about his objectives.
Just f**k off.

Utterly bizarre and all over the place. The stuff about McDonnell’s union amendments goes beyond whataboutery.

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The shameless arsehole is ignoring questions and cracking shite jokes, and then accusing Corbyn of not being honest about his objectives.

Just f**k off.

PMQs has always been a matter of both sides talking at tangents, with the PM having an inbuilt advantage by finishing each exchange with an irrelevant answer.

The exception to this is government backbenchers lobbing soft balls to the PM for s/he to smash. 

Edit - Maggie Throup, a Conservative, says the real threat to the country is Labour. May agrees.

In it's current format it's pretty much a waste of time - so why am I watching it? :wacko:

Edited by btb