Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just now, welshbairn said:

I'm one of the few people that hope May's deal passes. It decides nothing about our future relationship with the EU, we'll have left and honoured the referendum. Then we can hold another one if a majority thinks we'd be better off back in.

Can't be done without a general election or a referendum. 

18 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

So ultimately it all boils down to stopping foreigners coming to the UK. Fair enough, I suppose. At least that's an honest position.

It would also he helpful if you answered all three questions.

It's almost like you're avoiding them as they are detrimental to your position.

Just now, weegienative said:

Not all, but a portion, yes. And no, not foreigners, just unrestricted and unchecked large scale immigration of unskilled men from the third world who don't respect our values or traditions. What a crazy thing to be concerned about right?

We don't have unrestricted immigration. There are no third world countries in the EU. Who doesn't respect our values or traditions? Which values and traditions are you explicitly speaking of? How do you define "large scale" as a percentage of population?

I mean, the things you said, they are all valid things to be concerned about but they don't exist so I don't know why you're concerned

43 minutes ago, weegienative said:

In my opinion yes, if I go into a car showroom. Which version of me gets the most free add-ons to the car? The version who goes in telling the dealer im desperate to buy a car or the version which goes in dragging my heels a bit?

What you need is a red, white and blue car ...

1 minute ago, weegienative said:

Not all, but a portion, yes. And no, not foreigners, just unrestricted and unchecked large scale immigration of unskilled men from the third world who don't respect our values or traditions. What a crazy thing to be concerned about right?

Ah yes, that immigration.9b0dab20514e4f629643f00e451eff0f_18.jpg

2 minutes ago, weegienative said:

Something that it is currently within the scope of the UK to deal with, Brexit or no Brexit.

3 minutes ago, weegienative said:

Zzzz cue an "edgy" anti trump reference.

You were more entertaining as Yank Mike and Progressive Liberal or whatever you called yourself in your last incarnations. This Tommy Robinson lite act is cringeworthy.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, weegienative said:

It would also he helpful if you answered all three questions.

It's almost like you're avoiding them as they are detrimental to your position.

I don't think immigration is a problem. I'm actively pro immigration. If you want to stop immigration then, yes, you would need to leave the EU to do that. As I say, it's an honest position if that's your principle motivation.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm one of the few people that hope May's deal passes. It decides nothing about our future relationship with the EU, we'll have left and honoured the referendum. Then we can hold another one if a majority thinks we'd be better off back in.

... forced to use the Euro.  I can see that one going down well.  :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

So...the Tory party held a vote in 2016 for a new leader, now they say they got it wrong and want to redo the vote....

....but a 2nd referendum will destroy the fabric of democracy mind.

The public don't vote for a prime minister, it's not a presidency. They vote for their local MP. That's it.

Don't let a silly thing like details get in the way though.

17 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

No.  Some Leave voters are thick racists.  I don't expect any of them to change their minds.

We can now focus on those who are not thick racists and voted Leave for other reasons.  These are the ones to target.  These are the ones to persuade.

So, the ones who might be convinced to agree with you aren't the thick racists but the rest are? Got it.

We don't have unrestricted immigration. There are no third world countries in the EU. Who doesn't respect our values or traditions? Which values and traditions are you explicitly speaking of? How do you define "large scale" as a percentage of population?

I mean, the things you said, they are all valid things to be concerned about but they don't exist so I don't know why you're concerned

Traditions being “boiling all our food” and “shipping troublemakers off to Australia”

One good thing about being right wing/conservative studying politics in the west of Scotland is you get to think you win every debate. This is because folks either figure you're trolling or are somewhat uncomplicated, and either way, chuck it after about 30 seconds to leave you slobbering into the void. Of course this is much more effective in person. PnB folks get more bitey than a dachshund in a prosthetic ankle factory.

FTFY