Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

8 minutes ago, jamieson87 said:

Paddy Power has a 78% probability of May winning the vote.

The bookies very often get these things right.

Bookies also stated that Remain would win convincingly, did they not?

That said, I think she should win the vote fairly comfortably.

5 minutes ago, weegienative said:

I keep hearing this again and again, Brexit voters didn't know what they were voting for. I only ever hear it for those who voted remain funny enough.

If you want to go down the road of not having clarity on how negotiations would go post referendum, that's because the EU would not allow negotiations to commence until article 50 had been triggered.

There have been numerous policy changes within the EU since 2016, many which would affect us if article 50 were to be revoked and the Brexit vote consigned to history. Do you know what they are? Did you know what you're voting for?

I think we have to plow ahead as clearly people who voted remain didn't know what they were voting for.

No one could predict exactly how negotiations would go, though the bears seem closer than the bulls.

Brexit to you meant exiting the EU. Did you give consideration to what that meant with regards to the European Single Market? Did you vote to end free movement of goods, capital and people? Did you vote to break the Good Friday Agreement? Did you vote to end immigration from non EU countries, as some seem to have? Did you vote to negotiate a trade deal with the US on poor terms for the UK? Did you vote to weaken the pound? Did you vote to move thousands of jobs and people from London to other parts of Europe?

Please quantify in specific terms what "Leaving the EU" meant to you. Anything resembling "Brexit means Brexit" is meaningless.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

What an odd digression. If you're not using precedent in a technical sense then it simply means example, which I've addressed. This episode should serve as an example of the dangers of holding referenda. That's a very useful precedent and one to be embraced. You're just talking nonsense about paper money.

I actually agree, referenda are a poor way of deciding policy. Politicians are elected to make these decisions.

However, as it was held, the result must be respected and carried out.

Precedent means a guide rather than example. Hence the term set a precedent.

I'm using paper money as an everyday relatable example which Scottish people get annoyed about (English places not accepting Scottish notes) even though there is no legal requirement for anyone to accept any Scottish notes. 

9 minutes ago, weegienative said:

I'm a bit lost on the generalisation of Brexit voters by the remain side. Are they still thick racists or are they now switched on economists who will change their mind knowing the extent of negotiations? I suppose it depends what day of the week it is on that one.

Oh dear, you talk about generalization and then suggest all leave voters are the same.  Incredible.

Some of them are thick racists.  A lost cause.

Some of them are not.  These are the ones who might change their minds when presented with the new evidence of what it will mean.

Just now, weegienative said:

I actually agree, referenda are a poor way of deciding policy. Politicians are elected to make these decisions.

I'm using paper money as an everyday relatable example which Scottish people get annoyed about (English places not accepting Scottish notes) even though there is no legal requirement for anyone to accept any Scottish notes. 

Jesus wept.

6 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

These are the ones who might change their minds when presented with the new evidence of what it will mean.

Which is why the Brexiteers are shit scared of a second referendum - they know they'll be wiped out.

I was reading about 1860Munich, (the oldest football club in the world, allegedly) and came across this concerning the German Revolutions.

"The middle-class elements were committed to liberal principles, while the working class sought radical improvements to their working and living conditions. As the middle class and working class components of the Revolution split, the conservative aristocracy defeated it."

What goes around...

6 minutes ago, weegienative said:

WTF are you gibberin' about?

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

No one could predict exactly how negotiations would go, though the bears seem closer than the bulls.

Brexit to you meant exiting the EU. Did you give consideration to what that meant with regards to the European Single Market? Did you vote to end free movement of goods, capital and people? Did you vote to break the Good Friday Agreement? Did you vote to end immigration from non EU countries, as some seem to have? Did you vote to negotiate a trade deal with the US on poor terms for the UK? Did you vote to weaken the pound? Did you vote to move thousands of jobs and people from London to other parts of Europe?

Please quantify in specific terms what "Leaving the EU" meant to you. Anything resembling "Brexit means Brexit" is meaningless.

Quite simple really.

I voted for the people I/we vote for every 4 or 5 years to be the ones making decisions for the country.

You specified non EU immigration. 3 questions off the back of that.

1) pre Brexit vote are we able to stop migrants entering the EU (let's say Spain or Italy for example), staying there for 5 years before then being eligible as EU citizens to travel here?

2) post Brexit vote and post revoke of article 50 (let's assume for the purpose of debate this happens). True or false, The UK have no any say in migrants landing in Spain and being "allocated" to the UK?

3) post Brexit with Britain a non member of the EU. Britain can decide it's own immigration policy independent of the EU? (Whatever form that takes is irrelevant).

11 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Oh dear, you talk about generalization and then suggest all leave voters are the same.  Incredible.

Some of them are thick racists.  A lost cause.

Some of them are not.  These are the ones who might change their minds when presented with the new evidence of what it will mean.

Ah ok, the ones who agree with you are good guys the ones who don't are thick?

Seems an adult viewpoint. Really makes you wonder why this has been such a divisive issue.

7 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I was reading about 1860Munich, (the oldest football club in the world, allegedly) and came across this concerning the German Revolutions.

"The middle-class elements were committed to liberal principles, while the working class sought radical improvements to their working and living conditions. As the middle class and working class components of the Revolution split, the conservative aristocracy defeated it."

What goes around...

The working class are thick racists though, remember?

17 minutes ago, Ross. said:

One twat said he voted leave to keep out the "Pakis". :(

2 minutes ago, weegienative said:

Quite simple really.

I voted for the people I/we vote for every 4 or 5 years to be the ones making decisions for the country.

You specified non EU immigration. 3 questions off the back of that.

1) pre Brexit vote are we able to stop migrants entering the EU (let's say Spain or Italy for example), staying there for 5 years before then being eligible as EU citizens to travel here?

2) post Brexit vote and post revoke of article 50 (let's assume for the purpose of debate this happens). True or false, The UK have no any say in migrants landing in Spain and being "allocated" to the UK?

3) post Brexit with Britain a non member of the EU. Britain can decide it's own immigration policy independent of the EU? (Whatever form that takes is irrelevant).

So ultimately it all boils down to stopping foreigners coming to the UK. Fair enough, I suppose. At least that's an honest position.

4 minutes ago, weegienative said:

Quite simple really.

Do you come back from America every election and get back on the electoral register?