Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'm doing fine.

Just finishing off a glass of Tomatin Legacy single malt. Can't beat a wee glass of Scots for a nightcap!

:)

Location:  Burnley.  The very excited chap above is predicting your imminent jihadi beheading.

Still, weather could be better.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I live in High Wycombe which has a high % of immigrants and, yes, it does work.  The only folk who give you bother are the white underclass.  This, especially with our Tory MP, isn't a popular view but is true.

Another factor is education.  South Bucks still has the 11+ and selective state grammars.  The consequence?  A group of brainy 12 year olds who are as mixed as it is possible to be and whose school cricket team is pretty decent.  You also have mosques, down here, educating their 9 and 10 yos to go through the 11+.  This is a good thing.

So...access to education is the key here. Well educated weans has got to be our future irrespective of their country of origin.

Education absolutely is the key - problem is that the last thing the Government wants is an educated, curious electorate who might question some of the bullshit they're fed. Much easier to control a populace who can identify every contestatnt on some shite TV show, but couldn't name a Minister or Shadow Minister if their life depended on it.

One of Corbyn's best policies is the introduction of the history of Industrial Relations into the curriculum.

1 hour ago, weegienative said:

Why are you talking about university entrance criteria? You've gone off on a strange tangent on that one. 

I went to a school in Glasgow with over 50% non white pupils. The vast majority of people were fine. However what resulted was a tribalism with ethnic groups sticking together and the Asian kids speaking Urdu and Arabic amongst each other rather than English.

If you actually watch the thing I've linked for you (It's the BBC so hardly a right wing source). It shows the divide in the northern English towns between different communities from both "side's" perspective.

The point in linking this is to emphasise (and almost back up your point to a degree) the the gripe isn't with individuals as such. If I was in their position id try to get to Europe too and I'm willing to assume the majority are peaceful people. But the reason first generation immigrants and the windrush generation interested so well was because it was under a monoculture. That's how social cohesion works. When there are town's like Blackburn, the need for immigrants to integrate is almost non existent as they can live their entire lives in Asian communities never having to learn English.

Does anybody actually believe this?

39 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Education absolutely is the key - problem is that the last thing the Government wants is an educated, curious electorate who might question some of the bullshit they're fed. Much easier to control a populace who can identify every contestatnt on some shite TV show, but couldn't name a Minister or Shadow Minister if their life depended on it.

Simple, no?  'Arry vs Jacob Rees-Mogg.  That's the challenge for yer actual England, no?  I'm not even lying!*

* I picked up my older daughter from Sheffield (haha) and went to Hamilton a couple of weeks back and got irked by her incessant use of 'I'm not even lying' so showed her this vid on her phone.  I think you'll laugh:

53 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Simple, no?  'Arry vs Jacob Rees-Mogg.  That's the challenge for yer actual England, no?  I'm not even lying!*

* I picked up my older daughter from Sheffield (haha) and went to Hamilton a couple of weeks back and got irked by her incessant use of 'I'm not even lying' so showed her this vid on her phone.  I think you'll laugh:

Kincy, I'm fairly sure you know that Rees-Mogg is a (highly irritating) back-bencher. I'm not sure the average voter even knows what that means. His smug pencil-necked face is on the telly, so he must be important - there's today's evaluation process in a nutshell.

Corbyn deserves much of the criticism he’s getting but he’s right not to call a no confidence vote in the government unless he thinks he has a good chance of winning it.

At the moment the Tories are in complete disarray and one thing that could unite them is facing a confidence vote.

Well too bad. Indy lost the vote. That's the point.
Scotland, with a few exceptions in Glasgow and Edinburgh, is fairly shielded from large scale immigration to this point. Don't you think it's weird that the town's with the highest levels of ethnic diversity often provide the highest levels of voting for anti immigration parties? 

That’ll be why Glasgow voted overwhelmingly to remain in the EU? Also largely vote in the SNP a pro-immigration party? I get that you’re trying to come across as semi-intelligent, it’s just that the only one you’re convincing is you.

Just turned on the BBC Breakfast Show to be greeted by yet another idiot claiming that 'we need to take control back from European bureaucrats'. White, middle-aged, middle-class and seemingly suggestible.
All the news channels are full off the "go back and tell them what we want" types

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, weegienative said:

Well too bad. Indy lost the vote. That's the point.

Scotland, with a few exceptions in Glasgow and Edinburgh, is fairly shielded from large scale immigration to this point. Don't you think it's weird that the town's with the highest levels of ethnic diversity often provide the highest levels of voting for anti immigration parties? 

London is the most ethnically diverse city in the UK. And in Europe, and possibly even worldwide.

Yet people in London as a whole voted overwhelmingly to remain.

Why is that ? Well, I would suggest that one of the reasons is that London is SO ethnically diverse that people there don't even notice it anymore....in fact, many love London because of its diversity, and wouldn't have it any other way.

More deprived and poorer areas of the country want someone to blame for their lack of education and/or opportunities. And handily, ethnic diversity gives them that. These people think that Brexit will solve their economic problems, when in fact their problems are far closer to home and won't disappear simply because we leave the EU.

It's not ethnic diversity that drives Brexit. It's lack of education and opportunity, combined with ignorance and fear stoked by the right-wing.

One or two shit trolls who rarely/never post on here start spouting shit and other posters treat them seriously.

:(

Anyway:

This is the ONLY deal we can get.

There is NO plan B.

There WILL NOT be a second referendum.

Hopefully two down and one to go.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Just turned on the BBC Breakfast Show to be greeted by yet another idiot claiming that 'we need to take control back from European bureaucrats'. White, middle-aged, middle-class and seemingly suggestible.

Why do you identify with bureaucracy? 

Suggesting that Freedom of Capital, the Stability and Growth Pact, rules on State Aid, CAP, CAF and the Posted Workers Directive are promoting inequality and declining living standards and need to be ended seems fairly sensible to me.

One or two shit trolls who rarely/never post on here start spouting shit and other posters treat them seriously.
[emoji20]
Anyway:
This is the ONLY deal we can get.
There is NO plan B.
There WILL NOT be a second referendum.
Hopefully two down and one to go.

You always use that point gd but it only shuts down debate, and creates an echo chamber on this forum. Fair enough of that's what you want but it's not helpful in the slightest.

We should all be challenging our views regularly, as long as the points are being made in a reasonably coherent manner (which that last one was).

Dismissing leave voters as racist achieves nothing.